Various Dassault Jet Projects and Prototypes

In the lastest issue of the French aviation magazine "Le Fana de L'Aviation 2023-005 (642)", there is a 3-view drawing of the biz-jet project "Dassault Falcon X2C" from November 1983.
A screenshot of that 3-view drawing might follow at a later point, due to the forum rules. :)
Pierre Parvaud and translated with DeepL said:
"From November 1983, Dassault's design offices design office started to work on the replacement of the "Dassault Falcon 20" with the engine available at the time at the time, the Garrett TFE 731-5 with 4,500 pounds of thrust [2,040 kg]. In order to offer a flat floor cabin
1.83m ceiling height, or 2.30m outside diameter outside diameter, a take-off weight of of 9.8 tonnes, a range of 2,600 nautical
of 2,600 NM [nautical miles, 4,815 km] with eight passengers at Mach 0.84, it is necessary to master three major
technological steps: increased laminarity on all surfaces, light weight by using composite materials, and
composite materials, and active electric flight controls. The design office's response is the FX2C project, a sort of Piaggio "Avanti' jet plane equipped with an active controls and canards. Serge Dassault is sceptical and prefers to wait for more powerful engines on a more conventional project using a maximum of components of the "Falcon 900".
This is how the "Falcon X" was born. A model was unveiled on June 8, 1989 at the Paris Air Show, made possible by the appearance of the CFE 738 engine engine and by the new design of the rear fuselage section supporting the engines. On the same day, the new Dassault logo was unveiled. The new Dassault logo, a four-leaf clover, evoking the talisman of Marcel Dassault in a delta-shaped frame in the shape of a delta, symbolising the company's dynamism and open-mindedness. of the company. It was renamed "Dassault Falcon 2000" at the NBAA show in Atlanta in Atlanta in October 1989."

In the lastest issue of the French aviation magazine "Le Fana de L'Aviation 2023-005 (642)", there is a 3-view drawing of the biz-jet project "Dassault Falcon X2C" from November 1983.
A screenshot of that 3-view drawing might follow at a later point, due to the forum rules. :)
Pierre Parvaud and translated with DeepL said:
"From November 1983, Dassault's design offices design office started to work on the replacement of the "Dassault Falcon 20" with the engine available at the time at the time, the Garrett TFE 731-5 with 4,500 pounds of thrust [2,040 kg]. In order to offer a flat floor cabin
1.83m ceiling height, or 2.30m outside diameter outside diameter, a take-off weight of of 9.8 tonnes, a range of 2,600 nautical
of 2,600 NM [nautical miles, 4,815 km] with eight passengers at Mach 0.84, it is necessary to master three major
technological steps: increased laminarity on all surfaces, light weight by using composite materials, and
composite materials, and active electric flight controls. The design office's response is the FX2C project, a sort of Piaggio "Avanti' jet plane equipped with an active controls and canards. Serge Dassault is sceptical and prefers to wait for more powerful engines on a more conventional project using a maximum of components of the "Falcon 900".
This is how the "Falcon X" was born. A model was unveiled on June 8, 1989 at the Paris Air Show, made possible by the appearance of the CFE 738 engine engine and by the new design of the rear fuselage section supporting the engines. On the same day, the new Dassault logo was unveiled. The new Dassault logo, a four-leaf clover, evoking the talisman of Marcel Dassault in a delta-shaped frame in the shape of a delta, symbolising the company's dynamism and open-mindedness. of the company. It was renamed "Dassault Falcon 2000" at the NBAA show in Atlanta in Atlanta in October 1989."
Hi,

Could it be this plane, whose name and origin I have been looking for (12!) years?

Edit: I did not remember that I had already received Le Fana number 642 (I am months behind in my reading of magazines). It's not the same design as the plane I'm looking for the origin of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom