Attachments

• 10 000.jpg
    10 000.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 970
  • 20 000.jpg
    20 000.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 895
Last edited:
Im Dutch but Ive never heard of this aircraft builder,very clean designs!

Hi,

here is the Type 100.000,may be a light aircraft;

http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/forums/f15-overige-vliegtuigbouwers-other-aircraftmanufacturers/zijn-er-best-wat-349/index6.html

Attachments

• 100.000.jpg
    100.000.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 435
  • 100.000 data.jpg
    100.000 data.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 83
Translation:

People may remember our discussion of two types by 'Van Kuyk Vliegtuigindustrie N.V.' of Leende: type 10.000, a travel- and business aircraft, and type 20.000, a small airliner. We have now received from the same factory - which uses the Havik trademark - the drawing of a third aircraft, printed alongside (type 100.000). This represents a single-engined, two seat, low wing monoplane with a 130hp engine, which shows the same lines as the two types discussed previously and apparently another design by Van Lammeren. To keep realisation as cheap as possible, an attempt has been made to use as many parts from the earlier type 10.000 travel aircraft as possible; this leads to simplification of construction, which eventually is beneficial to price. For instance, the wings are identical to the outer wings of the 10.000; a large number of the type 10.000's fuselage ribs could also be used.
A design for a similar aircraft was already made in 1943, but with side-by-side seating. If any room is to be provided, the aircraft frontal aspect will be fairly wide. A more elegant solution therefore is tandem seating, as the accompanying sketch shows. This last design was made in 1944; both versions should be available in fairly short order.

New to me as well.

It is so sad that Dutch aviation, which was varied before the war, became a one-company thing after the war.

Not only Fokker remained the sole provider of aircraft in that country, but private flying seems to have been especially discouraged.

Translation of the text in reply#1:

Sunday, His Excellency the former minister of Water Management, Ir. Tromp, made a visit to the airfield and Van Kuyk Vliegtuigindustrie N.V.

Van Kuyk Vliegtuigindustrie N.V.

The Leende airfield has a number of small buildings which constitute the new aircraft factory, founded by the manufacturer H. van Kuyk from Tilburg and his son J. van Kuyk. In cooperation with, among others, Ir. T.J.W. van Lammeren work has been going on industriously since 1941 - in secret of course. As soon as early 1942 the airfield was acquired and a hangar built, all in view of the Germans, who never caught on. Interestingly, various official agencies offered clandestine support. Designs produced consisted of a business aircraft, a small airliner, a sports aircraft and six transport aircraft, while the design of a 30-ton aircraft should be at an advanced stage. The main concern are the first mentioned models, whereof a short description. They are the type 10.000, which is the travel- and business aircraft, and the type 20.000-Gi, an airliner for six passengers and a crew of two. The two models have largely similar parts: both wings are similar apart from the tips, the tail surfaces are entirely similar, and the fuselages differ to the extent that the 20.000's one has two more ribs. Both aircraft are of wooden construction, because metal construction, with the required extensive equipment, does not lend itself to limited production. Construction can be started soon, the required material seems to be around, and is only waiting for the building permit. It must be said both designs show a beautiful line; the tail seems somewhat short, related to which the horizontal tail has a fairly large surface. The vertical tail seems somewhat small to us.

Hesham: thank you for bringing the story to my attention. It seemed heartless not to translate it.

One of the former employees of Van Kuyk Vliegtuigindustrie, Max Farjon, has his own website.
From that site:

I [...] studied aircraft construction at Haarlem Higher Technical School (diploma in 1941).
Not much could be done with my education during the occupation. The National Aeronautical Laboratory on the Sloterweg in Amsterdam was the only possibility to be involved with aircraft and that's where I went to earn my first wages.
In 1942 I happened to see my former aircraft construction teacher Ir.Theo van Lammeren walking through the corridor past my office. He had a big box under his arm. It contained a windtunnel model of an aircraft wing. This meeting led to a complete change of direction in my life.
During a conversation at his home in Bennebroek it transpired that Van Lammeren was on commission by a wealthy manufacturer from Tilburg to design a business aircraft. The intention was to work, during occupation - in secret, of course - on the creation of an aircraft factory in Leende (10 km south of Eindhoven) and thus to undertake the production of a commercial airplane.
I resigned immediately from the lab and traveled to Tilburg to join the Van Kuyk Door Factory.
Harry [van Kuyk] was its founder and highly dynamic boss. He foresaw a great future in aviation and thought, "if I participate in time, I'll be in an exciting and promising industry."
This way I was still actually busy with aircraft. In a secret department of the factory we constructed and designed the aircraft and its components. It was a wooden structure (not unusual for that time), the ribs, trusses and girders were made by cabinetmakers on site. The parts were kept safe for an aircraft to be assembled after liberation.
After the liberation we started the real work in Leende. Harry was born and raised there and so knew his way around to construct, during the occupation, under the guise of reclamation work, an airport and a factory building. Unfortunately, Harry's dream did not fit reality. There was a shortage of everything, in the surrounding countryside no craftsman was to be found who had ever worked on an aircraft. But the worst was that Harry was a complete unknown in the aeronautical community of the day. The government wanted one aircraft industry and Harry could join them to build gliders. After a short battle with the authorities he had to give up and in the spring of 1946 the adventure had passed.
Van Lammeren returned to the Technical Company of KLM and took me along.

T-50 said:

My dear T-50,

it seemed to be that designer had created many aircraft projects,here is the
Type 60.000 shoulder-wing twin engined cargo transport aircraft and the Type
30.000 twin boom high-wing feeder liner aircraft projects.

Source; Inter Avia magazine

http://www.journaux-collection.com/fiche.php?id=594645

Attachments

• phototag (1).jpg
    phototag (1).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 60.000 & 30.000.JPG
    60.000 & 30.000.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 97
hesham said:
T-50 said:

My dear T-50,

it seemed to be that designer had created many aircraft projects,here is the
Type 60.000 shoulder-wing twin engined cargo transport aircraft and the Type
30.000 twin boom high-wing feeder liner aircraft projects.

Source; Inter Avia magazine

http://www.journaux-collection.com/fiche.php?id=594645

I refine the first picture,to be more clearer.

In this site,

they spoke about two articles for Tuyk aircraft,how we can get them ?.

Van Kuijk
Vliegtuigbouw in Brabant (deel 1) 2010-6
Vliegtuigbouw in Brabant (deel 2) 2011-1

http://www.verenigdevleugels.nl/index.php/artikelen

Attachments

• 001bab44_medium.jpeg
    001bab44_medium.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 203
  • 001bab4b_medium.jpeg
    001bab4b_medium.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 201
From Ailes 17/1/1948,

here is a Kuyk Type 30.000 aircraft Project,and a small Info about Type 60.000.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    362.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 2.png
    2.png
    621.5 KB · Views: 109
From Aviation Francaise 1947,

a clearer drawing to Type 30.000.

Attachments

• K-1.png
    K-1.png