Via HP&CA & Twitter:

Attachments

• BCIgYpmCUAASWiz.jpg
    BCIgYpmCUAASWiz.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 308
  • BCIJze4CEAAaezN.jpg
    BCIJze4CEAAaezN.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 304
I think Her Majesty still has him outgunned, being able to use her weapon and all.

:)

Sigh.

While it is a societal good for people to be both skeptical of politicians and to hold them in disdain, it's gotten to the point where *every* photo is believed to be photoshopped. While nobody in their right mind thinks that Obama actually goes skeet shooting for fun (that would bite into his golf time), is it really that hard to believe that his handlers stuck a shotgun in his hands, pointed him towards an empty patch and told him to pull the trigger?

Oh, I agree that the original photograph was faked the old fashioned way, probably using a blank or something along those lines. However this particular PR stunt seems to have backfired more than most.

The photo is real, I would just say watch out for the skeet that are flying at head level ;D

Grey Havoc said:
this particular PR stunt seems to have backfired more than most.

How has it backfired? I don't see pro-Obama types turning their backs on him, or any policies he supports getting wiped out. Anti-Obama types might use this photo as a source of disgust, disdain or laughter, but the division between the two groups is so wide that nothing less than a clear, unambiguous video with witness afadavits showing Obama eating live babies will ever penetrate the pro-Obama mindset.

Orionblamblam said:
Grey Havoc said:
this particular PR stunt seems to have backfired more than most.

How has it backfired? I don't see pro-Obama types turning their backs on him, or any policies he supports getting wiped out. Anti-Obama types might use this photo as a source of disgust, disdain or laughter, but the division between the two groups is so wide that nothing less than a clear, unambiguous video with witness afadavits showing Obama eating live babies will ever penetrate the pro-Obama mindset.

Someone commented on a right of center blog that we appear to have the worst political class in the history of the nation. Hagel's confimraiton hearing SCREAMS aggreement with this.

What is most interesting, but not if you understand human nature, is that despite the political classes shortcomings they insist of portraiyng themselves as the SMARTEST PEOPLE on earth.

When you have the power that federal politicians have combined with ignorance AND arrogance you get................well the problems we have today.

This was just another attempt to 'pretend' Obama CAN expertly comment on Sandy Hook and Gun Control BECAUSE gosh darnit he shoots skeet ALL THE ITME!

This personality shortcoming are ususally found in people who have no core beliefs or principals of any kind, like............well the current political class. :'(

A bit OT, but I couldn't resist. Courtesy of CDR Salamander:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk47saogI8o&feature=player_embedded

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2013/feb/8/miller-how-obama-gun/

The White House quietly posted a photo of President Obama shooting a shotgun late Friday on its Flickr account, with little information to explain it. The only details came from the caption: "President Barack Obama shoots clay targets on the range at Camp David, Md., Saturday, Aug. 4, 2012."

The photo left many questions unanswered. Mr. Obama recently said in an interview that he shoots skeet "all the time," but his stance and hold seemed oddly amateur.

The White House would not say where the president got the shotgun. When asked Monday if Mr. Obama personally owns any firearms, Jay Carney, the White House press secretary replied: "Not that I'm aware of, no."

Now we may have some answers.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), which represents firearmand ammunition manufacturers, donated the equipment and consulting time to renovate the skeet field at Camp David around 2003. The organization gave tens of thousands of dollars worth of machinery and consulting services to build the regulation shooting facility and to provide shotgun shooting instruction to Camp David staff.

Also during the President George W. Bush administration, the NSSF donated several Browning Citori and Remington semi-automatic shotguns to the office of the president for use at Camp David. Spokesmen for the White House would not respond whether Mr. Obama was using one of those Browning shotguns in the photo.

Neither Browning nor Remington gave or sold any firearms directly to Mr. Obama. Even if they had, the president would have to go through the same onerous registration process that every District of Columbia resident endures to just keep a gun in the home.