Unknown Soviet Warship Designs

Tzoli

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
On this forum:
I've found a few drawings representing some unknown (possibly hypothetical??? ) warships: a battleship with many secondary and AA gun turrets, a Missile-Gun cruiser with heavy gun and missile armament and a Gun destroyer with heavy gun armament:

The Battleship:
06-4371617-bb.png

The Cruiser:
06-4371193-1.png
06-4371193-2.png

The Destroyer:
06-4371662-uk-1.jpg

I wonder if these were real design proposals or some artists technical ideas from the 1950's?

The cruiser Jupiter.
This is from a book for children on the design of ship models. The ship is invented.
From this book:

06-4371193-3.png

There is still such a book indicated: "model of a battleship," from the library of the young designer.

05-4371002-p0001.jpg

I suspected as such, still that cruiser drawing is very detailed! The short Range SAM's seems to be one shot though.

Here is a drawing of another non-real Soviet 'project' (actually a fictitious plan for modellers): the "Hrabyi" destroyer.
Source: a book titled "Техническое творчество" (Technical Creativity) published in 1956 by Molodaya Gvardiya publishing house. The book is available at http://jmk-project.narod.ru/L-const/B/TechTvorchestvo55/cont.htm

Piotr

Attachments

• Hrabryj.jpg
    Hrabryj.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
These are very interesting and certainly have follow the Soviet styles of the period - the cruiser has elements of the Project 82 Stalingrad class and the destroyer 'Hrabyi' looks a bit like the Project 41 Neustrashimy. The 'Jupiter' looks like it has been strongly influenced by the British Dido class though.