Ukraine Blackhawk

There are a number of refurbished UH-60A in the public realm. Columbia has some as well, being replaced, so there is a fair number of options out there.
Yeppers I know this re Attending Heli expo of the last 2 decades, and seeing likes of Coulson Unical, Fifehawk Helicopters, B3, Ace Aero, Arista Hawk etc…

So depending on the cockpit, I could probably tell which vendor it’s come from…

cheers

Have any of the Ukraine support packages included blackhawks? There was a move to supply Afghan Mi-17s to Ukraine, not sure if that went ahead or not.

Have any of the Ukraine support packages included blackhawks? There was a move to supply Afghan Mi-17s to Ukraine, not sure if that went ahead or not.

No.

A couple of sources speculate (based on the paint scheme, mainly) that this is an ex-US Army UH-60A airframe acquired by Ace Aviation for commercial sale. The most likely match (N60FW) sort of disappeared about 11 months ago...

Recently a video popped up on Twitter showing one of this "Afghan Mi-17s" performing a medical evacuation in Ukraine.

Maybe the Afghan Blackhawks could also be donated?

What proves to us that these images are not false ? Nothing tells us that this shed is not in another place than Ukraine.

Because Ace Aeronautics have the contract for supplying the Ukraine with H-60

cheers

Source?

What proves to us that these images are not false ? Nothing tells us that this shed is not in another place than Ukraine.

cheers

Source?

That's speculation. It's the exact set of info in several links above (The War Zone, Defence Blog, etc.) just started as fact.

cheers

Source?

From the PPRuNe Forum, posted by KiwiNedNZ - "It used to be Ace Aeronautics Hawk that they did all their testing on and was sold privately to the Ukraine." I do know that the company does work with refurbished UH-60. They were responsible for the effort to refurbish the Mi-8 and UH-60 that were to be sent to Afghanistan. As the Mi-8 went to Ukraine, it is possible that they also sold them a UH-60. Still not validation, but fairly compelling to me.

From the PPRuNe Forum, posted by KiwiNedNZ - "It used to be Ace Aeronautics Hawk that they did all their testing on and was sold privately to the Ukraine." I do know that the company does work with refurbished UH-60. They were responsible for the effort to refurbish the Mi-8 and UH-60 that were to be sent to Afghanistan. As the Mi-8 went to Ukraine, it is possible that they also sold them a UH-60. Still not validation, but fairly compelling to me.

It absolutely seems likely, and a useful reminder that not all Ukrainian arms acquisitions are government transfers. I just want to be careful of circular reporting -- it's so common these days to take multiple sources repeating the same facts as confirmation, when they're just repeating each other. The PPruNe report here sounds like a separate source but it's so hard to tell these days.

It absolutely seems likely, and a useful reminder that not all Ukrainian arms acquisitions are government transfers. I just want to be careful of circular reporting -- it's so common these days to take multiple sources repeating the same facts as confirmation, when they're just repeating each other. The PPruNe report here sounds like a separate source but it's so hard to tell these days.

I will find out more from the AA booth in Atlanta @Heli Expo next week :)

cheers

I will find out more from the AA booth in Atlanta @Heli Expo next week :)

Good luck! I'll be surprised if they aren't "no commenting" the whole thing. Decent chance that legally speaking they sold it to a separate company of some sort, who then transferred it to the Government of Ukraine, so Ace will say that they have not transferred any aircraft to Ukraine. Better for business that way.

Edit: Editing to say that the Good Luck is totally sincere. I hope they are willing to comment -- it would be great to have an official confirmation.

Last edited:
Since some ex military Blackhawks are in civilian hands this seems very likely- check out heavy diesel on you tube.

View: https://youtu.be/m3P3FWkBF

I have just come back from Anaheim as was at Heli Expo 2024, so here are my photos of Ace Aeronautics Hawk that did turn up (one of five others including LA County Fire Dept Air Ops and Calfire Firehawks)

AceHawk_1.jpg AceHawk_2.jpg AceHawk_3.jpg AceHawk_4.jpg AceHawk_5.jpg AceHawk_6.jpg

cheers