Two Tiffies get close - is it real?

CG . These seem to have Austrian markings, fly over desert terrain, and carry 12 (!) things that looks like AGM-65s (!)... Not to talk about a completely stupid maneuver to do.

Edit: think its from DCS-World flightsim, found this screen :
screen_181210_2104416kdn2.jpg

Last edited:
Provided they're not the pair who took down a real village's power line last week...

My wife and I used to holiday in Ft William, Scotland, just along from the Nevis Range ski centre, with its cable car / gondola system.
After that infamous Alpine gondola cable strike, Nevis Range urgently sent bundles of brochures and complimentary tickets to all the UK air-bases that hosted ToT, terrain following etc etc exercises...

To be sure, to be sure, you understand ??

FWIW, my wife's brother claimed to have very nearly been blown off a Highland arête by a couple of fast movers that 'popped up' out of the haze...

CG . These seem to have Austrian markings, fly over desert terrain, and carry 12 (!) things that looks like AGM-65s (!)... Not to talk about a completely stupid maneuver to do.
They do appear to be Mavericks, not Brimstones, but 12 Brimstone + 6 AMRAAM + 2 ASRAAM is a well-publicised loadout (18+4+2 is technically possible), but Brimstone at 50kg is significantly lighter than Maverick at 210-300kg. OTOH 3 Maverick + launcher is going to be significantly lighter than a single GBU-24 Paveway III, which Typhoon is cleared for - in fact about half the weight. Even Harrier was flown with 12 Brimstone, plus 250 gallon tank.

The desert terrain would be appropriate for a Red Flag mission, though AFAIK Austria has never participated.

Yes, it may be a possible load, but not sure on a Austrian Typhoon (Tranche 1), and Austria don't have Mavericks AFAIK.