• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Twin-Boom Six Engined Large Airplane to ID

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

what was this one,and if it was real or just a hypothetical Model ?.

Attachments

• 72414-a73122336bca24af97c9d0c6fbf5aee4.jpg
    72414-a73122336bca24af97c9d0c6fbf5aee4.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 61

1635yankee

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Hi,

what was this one,and if it was real or just a hypothetical Model ?.

Just from the illustration -- I can't read German -- it appears to be a model, not an actual aircraft or even a mockup.

hsirotin

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
The German given has nothing to do with the picture. The writer is describing how he got interested in the airfield at Rinsal Gaissau.

riggerrob

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
That model looks hypothetical considering how few 6-propeller airplanes were ever built. The 6 long engine nacelles remind us of the 1950s vintage turboprop engines installed on long-range, Tupolev 95, Bear bombers.
The model has ????? indistinct ?????? military markings/roundels (French ????).
Other wise, the general proportions remind us of some of Burt Rutan's round-the-world airplanes, though this model is not mentioned - in other sources - in relation to Burt Rutan or Scaled Composites.

Last edited:

Apophenia

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
The German given has nothing to do with the picture. The writer is describing how he got interested in the airfield at Rinsal Gaissau.

The poster willijosef is also plumping for his e-paper 'Vor 90 Jahren baute Walter Kittelberger das Motorflugzeug Bregenz'. A log-in is needed to see the full-sized image but the link says something about 'Part 1, Kittelberger future project'.

Perhaps Walter Kittelberger became bored with light aircraft and actually did design this 'zukunftsprojekt'?

Last edited: