Turkish UAV [And other Unmanned systems] Development and Fielding

Combat-Master

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score

Combat-Master

Reaction score
“Declaration of Intent for Serial Production of Heavy Class Unmanned Ground Vehicles” was signed between SSB and FNSS Defense Systems.

FNSS Shadow Rider with SABER-25 turret.
1632408921_ika-7.jpg

I believe the package modernizes and converts existing M113 to be unmanned - it even packs a medium UGV within it's hull.
1636448345675.png

FDvLrpyX0AIXWCE.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/MelanieRovery/status/1458050150509785092?s=20

Last edited:

aonestudio

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
The Turkish company Baykar Defence will build in Ukraine a plant for production and modernization of Bayraktar TB2 drones and also a center for their testing, maintenance and personnel training, said the CEO of Baykar Defence, Haluk Bayraktar.

He noted that the first successful test of cooperation was the production of the Akinci drone with an engine built by Ivchenko-Progress. After that, Turkish companies began to willingly conclude contracts with Ukrainian companies. Now, the cooperation between the two countries is expanding on a global scale.

According to Bayraktar, Turkey has already decided on the location where it plans to build its centers. The land lots have been already been purchased by Baykar.

Combat-Master

Reaction score
So the Akcini UAV will have 2 engine options ? Which engine will Turkey use ? I assume they will stick to the Motor Sich engine to make their fleet sanction proof. Wonder if Ukraine might emerge as a potential customer for this UAV.

So there are three engine options, depending on the use case for selective UCAV. MOTOR SICH AI-450T is a good in-between engine for performance and endurance, so likely will be the base model for Turkey's UCAV fleet.

Engines;
- Pratt & Whitney PT6A-135A @ 750 shp | Low Endurance, Max Load Capacity and High Operational altitude (Gas Turbine)
- MOTOR SICH AI-450T @ 450shp | Medium Endurance, Medium Load Capacity and High Operational altitude (Gas Turbine)
- TEI TD-220 @ 225hp | Maximum Endurance, Minimal Load Capacity and medium Operational altitude (Turbo Diesel)

As of yet, endurance and max load capacities for engine types have not been released and likely will not be. However, in a recent endurance test, the manufacturer posted on Twitter that it flew a distance of 6000km in a single sortie. Taking into account cruising speed, it would work out to be around 24 hours with MOTOR SICH AI-450T engine.

The engine choice for Akinci UCAV has expanded further more - Bayraktar signed a deal with Ukrainian Motor Sich for their MS500V-S Turboprop Engine to integrate into Akinci - which would give the platform 2x 1000 shp of power.

1637484061793.png

To summarise, Akinci UCAV has 4 engine choices; From high to low output

- MOTOR SICH MS500V-S @ 1000 shp - Turboprop Gas Turbine
- Pratt & Whitney PT6A-135A @ 750 shp - Turboprop Gas Turbine
- MOTOR SICH AI-450T @ 450 shp - Turboprop Gas Turbine
- TEI TD-220 @ 225 hp - Turbo Diesel Aviation Engine

Combat-Master

Reaction score
Kazakhstan buys 3 Turkish Aerospace-made Anka UCAV

The report also claims that negotiations are currently ongoing with two other potential purchasers of the Anka UCAV.

Map of Operators and countries that have shown interest or in negotiation to purchase;
-TAI ANKA
-Baykartech TB2
-Vestel Karayel
Turkish_UAV_Exports.png

Last edited:

alberchico

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Last edited:

Combat-Master

Reaction score