• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Turkish Indigenous Helicopter Program

stimpy75

Happy Happy,Joy Joy
Reaction score
and a bigger one......from this angle it reminds me of the Rooivalk!

Attachments

stimpy75

Happy Happy,Joy Joy
Reaction score
another cgi
and an article to it
http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/turkey-joins-the-rotary-club.html?utm_source=googleNews&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=news_feed#commentsForm

Attachments

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
WHat is the use of the little wedges on the tailplane tips? ... Is that a sign that another "freaking designer" made its way in the serious business of building Helo's?

yasotay

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
That's a mighty fine looking helicopter. Bet they will sell a number of them.

stimpy75

Happy Happy,Joy Joy
Reaction score
not only directly aerospace related but nonetheless,feel free to share

stimpy75

Happy Happy,Joy Joy
Reaction score
that´s the 10t helicopter on which TAI is working,it will benefit from the work on the ATAK II

Attachments

stimpy75

Happy Happy,Joy Joy
Reaction score
i totally forgot to share my pics from last years TeknoFest in İstanbul, feel free to share them

Attachments

Deino

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
another one of the Atak-2, here the radar is on the rotor hub, while the one i shared before was under the belly, which will be fitted time will tell

and a model

Thanks a lot for the update, but I must admit I see all these fancy models as nothing but fancy models: Turkey has not a fitting powerplant nor did it design a comparable before. It offended its most reliable source on engines - aka the US as we see just for the T.129 deal with Pakistan - that they won't unlikely get an even more powerful one from there and given their lets say it politely "unique" way of interacting with other possibles suppliers in the EU I think from here they wont get an engine too.

stimpy75

Happy Happy,Joy Joy
Reaction score
as you know Herr Ruprecht the engine for the Atak 1 is currently in the fine tuning process as you might have seen @PDF with currently 1500hp and hopefully later 1600hp
and in order to not pay for licence fees they will use dynamic systems of the T-625 Gökbey( which you also know from PDF) for the fully turkish version of the Atak 1
3000 hp version, well that's another matter but keep in mind that Bayraktar and Motor Sich made a joint venture company for the twin engined UAV, ok just Al-450 i believe was the model but that's just the begining i hope.
i would like to share a video of the CEO of TEİ( i shared it @PDF) but it's rather long and in turkish
from this video i think we will achieve most of our goals
Rom wurde auch nicht an einem Tag erbaut

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
ITAR free... The madness has crossed the med... From Paris to Ankara, who would have thought of such symbiosis?