Tu-2LL 3-view needed

Zizi6785

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Has anybody a 3-view drawing from this plane?

Attachments

• Tu-2LL_jetbed.jpg
    Tu-2LL_jetbed.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 198
  • tu-2ll-sh2p180.jpg
    tu-2ll-sh2p180.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 190
Well at least it shouldn't be too hard to fabricate one based off the drawings we have and a 3-view of a normal Tu-2. I can do one in Paint that would be accurate to scale if you're willing to wait a few days.

Thanks, but i need a precise drawing, especially a front view.

only view from the side (

Attachments

• Tu-2LL.jpg
    Tu-2LL.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 184
Further to Stranger_NN's post here's the text in my poor translation:
The appearance of the first domestic turbojet engines posed the question for developers to conduct flight tests of rather crude and unreliable designs. In the sense that flying up into the sky at that time was quite risky. And to carry out tests on problem modes without having confidence in the reliability of the engines - all the more so. Therefore, it was considered reasonable to create a flying stand on the basis of a well-established aircraft. And who could recommend ourselves in this capacity? Only the Tu-2, the aircraft, on the one hand, is heavy enough to carry hefty jet engines and a supply of kerosene to them, and on the other, very volatile, capable of depicting the basic elements of a fighter’s flight in a rather close to reality design.
To this end, in 1946, it was built a small series of test facilities TU-2LL ( Letayuschaya Laboratoriya - the term was subsequently traditional naming of these machines.) The test engine was mounted under the fuselage of the bomber on a special frame, which could change its position regarding hydraulically to study the behaviour of engines at different angles of attack.
Starting in 1947, the following engines were tested on these aircraft:
- And I listed only serial cars whose engines got a ticket to the sky, having passed tests on a Tu-2LL aircraft, engines that went into experimental planes or for some reason did not go into production and did not list, there are a lot of them. In addition, the aircraft underwent tests and direct-flow engines designed by V.N.Chelomey , which were subsequently used on the first Soviet cruise missiles.
Unfortunately, there were some black pages in the career of this aircraft: on September 18, 1947, when performing a test flight on the Tu-2LL, a crew of test pilot I.F. Yakubov died. and lead engineer D. Ginzburg, - having incorrectly estimated the speed of a jet engine, they couldn’t return to the airfield after a test flight due to excessive fuel consumption and died when making an emergency landing.
Thus, this rather exotic type of little-known aircraft became, in fact, the “godfather” of the first (and partly the second) generation of Soviet jet aircraft and cruise missiles . It is difficult to overestimate its role in the formation of the USSR Air Force and Navy, so now I am restoring justice a bit, recalling this machine.