Trébucien Sport (1935)

avion ancien

The accidental peasant!
Reaction score
I've found three photographs of this interesting French single seat monoplane of 1935, together with some technical data, but little else. The first two images show the Trébucien Sport in its original form (with an open cockpit and a 30 hp Poinsard engine) -

These appeared in an issue of Les Ailes in early 1936. At some subsequent date the Poinsard was replaced with a 40 hp Train engine and a canopy was added. The result of this is apparent in the third image -

This appeared in L'Air pour les Jeunes (date unknown). What I have not yet been able to trace is its registration mark (assuming that it had one) or what became of it after 1936. It appears that its designer, Jean Trébucien, had connections with Louis Peyret and died (was killed?) shortly after the outbreak of war in 1939. Does anyone know any more about the aeroplane and its designer?

In its original form (30 hp Poinsard engine) it weighed 180 kg; had an 'all up' weight of 290 kg; a maximum speed of 175/180 km/h; a cruising speed of 160 km/h; a landing speed of 60 km/h; and an endurance of c. 3 hours. It was entirely constructed of wood and could reach 500 m in 3:20 minutes. When a 40 hp Train engine was substituted it weighed 185 kg; had an 'all up' weight of 300 kg; a maximum speed of 200 km/h; a minimum speed of 80 km/h; a landing speed of 60 km/h; an endurance of 3 hours; and a range of 525 km. Generally its span was 6,30 m; its length was 5,40m; and its surface area was 7,05m2.

I have a three view drawing of the Trébucien Sport but I'll need to adapt that before I can post it. So maybe tomorrow.

Apologies for the quality - and the fact that the drawing is more of a 2.5, rather than a three view!

Due to my limited repertoire of software, I have attempted to recreate, as far as I can the missing parts of the Trébucien Sport general arrangement drawing (I used to work in the aviation publishing business, hence my use of that term!)
Hope it looks ok, and I will try and spend some time and make it a little better at some point in the future! ;D

Attachments

• Trebucien Sport ga.jpg
    Trebucien Sport ga.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 331
VictorXL188 said:
Due to my limited repertoire of software, I have attempted to recreate, as far as I can the missing parts of the Trébucien Sport general arrangement drawing (I used to work in the aviation publishing business, hence my use of that term!)
Hope it looks ok, and I will try and spend some time and make it a little better at some point in the future! ;D

Looks pretty good to me! Now you need to turn it to grayscale, increase contrast while diminishing luminosity, and it should look perfect or just about. Here's my quickie attempt to do that, in literally less than 2 minutes.
Oh, and I love the term "general arrangement", by the way!

Attachments

• Trébucien.png
    Trébucien.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 318
Come to think of it, something isn't quite right with your "general arrangement"...
The wings and empennage seem to be swept forward, because you started from an image that was slightly rotated. You'd have to redo the whole thing after getting the image upright so that the thrust line is parallel with the border of your image.

I have attempted to completely rework the plan, starting from the original image and rotating it.
It is not easy to find the correct degree of rotation, and in fact you only really know you've got it right when you flip the half-aircraft vertically and you get a perfect alignment. If the tip of the propeller or the tip of the tail are even slightly off, then the angle still isn't quite right. You'll notice however that even after getting the right angle and reconstructing the image, there is still a slight impression of forward sweep, which may have existed in the original design (unless it was a mistake on the part of the person who did the plan).

Attachments

• Trébucien (redone).png
    Trébucien (redone).png
    138.2 KB · Views: 312
Thank you, both, for adding the missing half to the original drawing - in respect of which I apologise for the skew-whiff posting!

Re: Trébucien Sport,and Little Known Aircraft and Projects

From Ailes 6/1949,

here is an amazing glider Project of 1937,with V-tail and a cantilever wing,with picture to
early airplane of 1928/29,and Type-XI

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    496.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 2.png
    2.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 3.png
    3.png
    709.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Les_Ailes___journal_hebdomadaire_[...]_bpt6k3201457j_13.jpeg
    Les_Ailes___journal_hebdomadaire_[...]_bpt6k3201457j_13.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Re: Trébucien Sport,and Little Known Aircraft and Projects

Hi,

he also studied a two-seat trainer aircraft Project at the end of 1930s.

From TU 303,

they called it Type-X,and if someone know about earlier types ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 32
It appears that its designer, Jean Trébucien, had connections with Louis Peyret and died (was killed?) shortly after the outbreak of war in 1939

Does anyone know whether he was the same man as Sgt. Jean Jacques Henri Trébucien, who was killed when Potez 25.A2 s/n 1816 crashed on take-off from Villacoublay on 4 December 1939?

It appears that its designer, Jean Trébucien, had connections with Louis Peyret and died (was killed?) shortly after the outbreak of war in 1939

Does anyone know whether he was the same man as Sgt. Jean Jacques Henri Trébucien, who was killed when Potez 25.A2 s/n 1816 crashed on take-off from Villacoublay on 4 December 1939?
Yes, the article from "Les Ailes" in Hesham message #8 mentions that Sergent Jean Trébucien was killed, when taking off with his aircraft on December 1939, the 4th.
His aircraft crashed following the intempestive opening of his passenger's parachute, jaming the flight controls.

In 1936, the Trebucien "Sport" (40cv Train engine) was engaged at the "Angers' 12 hours race" in the category "2 liters engine" along with 6 other aircraft (3 Tipsy 27cv engine, one Gaucher and the Maubousin Hemiptère, both with 40cv engine and a Benes Mraz 45cv engine).
The aircraft, piloted by Thibault, did not finished the race.
This category was won by the Benes Mraz piloted by Karl Marès.
"Les Ailes" also mentions that the aircrat was engaged at the Touquet 's "Coupe Charles Delesalle" where it won the speed contest.
Also presented at the 1936 Paris Air Show.