This is hilariously funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lpSoL_BBL4jtRcyycXlMBzO4wjKSdwX_ldDZYyb4fk8Msps2buz-3UrLt1IamJpgko4ffJZCIoK-vXY=s640-nd

Normandy has a knack for stupid- sounding town names.

Villedieu les poêles : City - God - frying pans. Alternative: City God Stoves (poêle is both frying pans and stove)

Mezidon le canon: "go put the gun inside"

Last edited:
Normandy has a knack for stupid- sounding town names.

Villedieu les poeles : City God frying pans.

Mezidon le canon: "go put the gun inside"

Also Goinfreville : gluttontown !

Beuzeville le granier : ganja town in the attic (wth does this mean, no idea)
Speaking of it: nearby is Beuzevillette : little ganja town (no attic there ROTFL)

Jouy Mauvoisin : Jouis, mon voisin !
(= get an orgasm, my neighbourgh / cum, my neighbourgh)

Aubergenville : Inn in the town.

Last edited:
Grainville : Seedtown

Folleville : Whackytown, Crazy city or Nut ville - pick your choice. LMAO

Goderville: Dildotown (I kid you not).

Villainville : Uglytown / Nastycity

Cuverville : Sleepofftown

Chaville: Catcity, meow.

Aigleville: Eagletown

Porcheville: Pigstytown.

ANGERville lmao

Epouville: Husbandtown

Ecrainville : Jewelboxtown

Trouville: Holetown

Deauville: Backtown

Petiville: Smallville (to you, Clark Kent !)

Bolbec: Bowlbeak (WTH LMAO)

Quilleboeuf: skittlebeef or keelbeef

Criqueboeuf: Creekbeef

Saint Jouin plage : sounds like "cinq joints plage" (drums rolling) "FIVE SPLIFFs BEACH" Bob Marley would be proud.

Barbezieux: bearded eyes / eyes with beard

Les adjots = agios = "overdraft charges"

Campet-lamolaire
"Quand pete la molaire..."
"= when the molar teeth breaks..."
(time to go to the dentist !)

Last edited:
Jeez that was a load of unfunny stuff in a "jokes" topic. Arguments can go to conversations if you really want to have them, no need to share.

The hacked billboard is actually pretty funny though.

Sure.

French placenames that sound amusing didn't really translate well.

I was referring to the back and forth arguments over whether item x was funny or not.

I was referring to the back and forth arguments over whether item x was funny or not.

What?!?! That was hilarious. With the diversions into existential dread, cosmic horror and personal insults, that was comedy on a scale to shame the Marx Brothers.

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

What's more, if the miners / Wuhan lab patient zero theory proves correct, then Batman future is pretty dark.
Because, you see, the miner (s) or virus-collectors / lab employees were bitten and infected by bats in caves...

So Batman should be better get vaccinated, or urgently clean his cave. Or move into one without bats.

This is one of the weirdest ironies of the entire COVID pandemic.

The Wuhan lab theory looks like a conspiracy idiocy born out of "weaponized AIDS" or "Alert !" "Wold War Z" or "the Andromeda strain" litterature; yet the WHO is telling us it might very much be a serious contender for Patient zero.

From the recently deceased Sean Lock . . .

“I’ll tell you one thing: I think Nasa killed Michael Jackson. He died the same week as the anniversary of the initial moon landing, of the first moonwalk.
They resent the fact that any time anyone puts ‘moonwalk’ into Google or anything, it comes up with him sliding backwards with a hat on and not the billions they spent going up to do a moonwalk.
They hated that, and they killed him.”

cheers,
Robin.

From the recently deceased Sean Lock . . .

“I’ll tell you one thing: I think Nasa killed Michael Jackson. He died the same week as the anniversary of the initial moon landing, of the first moonwalk.
They resent the fact that any time anyone puts ‘moonwalk’ into Google or anything, it comes up with him sliding backwards with a hat on and not the billions they spent going up to do a moonwalk.
They hated that, and they killed him.”

cheers,
Robin.

eeeerh.... M J died on June 25, 2009. Apollo 11 anniversary was July 20.

He is a month off the mark...

French placenames that sound amusing didn't really translate well.

I plaid guilty.
That's a big part of the sheer absurdness of the thing. Blame Normandy, and blame my girlfriend who don't want me to drive there - so I get bored, and this is the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.