This is hilariously funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now let's start doing some required fluid pressure calculations...
Do beverages have an ISP? At a guess, Bezos and Branson have had a couple of G&Ts but Musk has had several pints of beer.
To be fair, ethanol has a long history in rocketry. John Clark reported good performance with LOX but a strange propensity for it to evaporate more than predicted and make some of the personnel a bit happy...

To be fair, ethanol has a long history in rocketry. John Clark reported good performance with LOX but a strange propensity for it to evaporate more than predicted and make some of the personnel a bit happy...
The Soviets had that issue with there version of V2...

The classic New Yorker story of 1990 on Wile E. Coyote's lawsuit against the Acme Corporation.

A recent follow-up with 'patent' descriptions of Acme products.

For more Coyoteana, There's a brilliant short story by John M. Ford called 'The Hemstitch Notebooks"

Collected in the anthology Heat of Fusion. Ford was a very versatile writer and you'll find a wide range of stories.

FOR WHOM THE BIRD BEEPS

The furry one came into the cantina. He did not walk as a coyote should, he flowed like brown fuzzy water along the floor to the bar and held up a finger, and though he did not speak, the owner poured him a drink and he drank it. It poured over his teeth and around his tongue and down his gullet and past his duodenum and into his flat coyote belly, and then he filled out and stood up straight like a man coyote does, and his eyes had the light of those who have had the very big rock fall on them, or been blown up by Acme dynamite or have fallen off the high cliff and hit the telegraph wires and bounced up again. When a man coyote knows these things they do not go away from him. The coyote walked out of the cantina, straight with tire marks down his back like sergeant's stripes.

Last edited:
The Soviets had that issue with there version of V2...
And mechanics drinking de-icing alcoholic liquids at military air bases...

Because it promised more than it delivered? Even in its original 'This is hilarious funny'.

Really. But really. Some people are really bothered for little or nothing... oh well.

I don't disagree about the fact the humor in that thread isn't first class - myself included.
It just baffled me somebody (no interest whatsoever about his identity, in passing) spent and lost time and energy lobbying the mods to change the title. Won't make the humor better, unfortunately. :D And there are more serious issues on that forum... and outside it.

I don't disagree about the fact the humor in that thread isn't first class - myself included.
It just baffled me somebody (no interest whatsoever about his identity, in passing) spent and lost time and energy lobbying the mods to change the title. Won't make the humor better, unfortunately. :D And there are more serious issues on that forum... and outside it.
I changed it myself - no need to blame others. Every time I see "This is hilariously funny" on the recent list I think "Not really hilarious".

I changed it myself - no need to blame others. Every time I see "This is hilariously funny" on the recent list I think "Not really hilarious".

Well, to be fair, I'm forever looking at topics on the "Secret" projects forum and thinking, "hey, that's not secret... the report was posted onto a publicly accessible database by the USAF/NASA!"

Humor is what sets us apart from animals:)

Attachments

• SpeciesPage_AfricanBuffalo02_Challenges.jpg
    SpeciesPage_AfricanBuffalo02_Challenges.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 15

Well, to be fair, I'm forever looking at topics on the "Secret" projects forum and thinking, "hey, that's not secret... the report was posted onto a publicly accessible database by the USAF/NASA!"
True, but that's Tony Buttler and Midland Counties fault for the "Secret Projects" series. Maybe it should have been "No-Longer-Secret Projects".

Last edited:
Idiocracy: a disturbingly prophetic look at the future of America – and our era of stupidity

Its Urban Dictionary entry reads: “A movie that was originally a comedy, but became a documentary.”

Like Network, a satire that became real.

Idiocracy: a disturbingly prophetic look at the future of America – and our era of stupidity

Its Urban Dictionary entry reads: “A movie that was originally a comedy, but became a documentary.”

And "1984" was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual... but here we are.

Dam BMW is really installing Bussard Ramscopes in there cars...

E6ubcjLWYBEo4Ih

From working in a grocery store: If you find a puffed up can, throw the fff-ing thing away and do not open it and dig in.
The man's body is trying to tell him something important and he is willfully ignoring it.

A painful way to thin the herd.

Last edited:
From working in a grocery store: If you find a puffed up can, throw the fff-ing away and do not open it and dig in.
The man's body is trying to tell him something important and he is willfully ignoring it.

No kidding. If you can smell stuff coming from the can before you open it, throw that away faster than ASAP! This guy has a YouTube channel where he tries and goes into military rations of the past in detail...

The guy won't eat some of it but tries other items that he thinks are still edible.

The second one is hilarious in many ways...

Last edited:
Jean Yves Lafesse has passed away, aged 64 - and the world is a slihtly sadder place without him.

Let me explain. Imagine one guy picks you in the street and propose you an eye test - you know, with the small and large letters.

Of course it is a "hidden camera" prank.

The gist of the joke is that the usually random letters to be red are in this case offensive words: imagine your optician asking to spell F U C K or D I C K - you get the point.

Lafesse is the man in the role of the fake optician, and you can see the old lady has a great sense of humour.

Rest in peace. You will be missed.

From working in a grocery store: If you find a puffed up can, throw the fff-ing thing away and do not open it and dig in.

That's what I thought but then. . .

Also, it's fermenting in the can. That's what fermented stuff does. "Fermentation continues in the can, causing it to bulge noticeably, which would usually be a sign of botulism or other food poisoning concern in non-fermented canned foods."

Status
Not open for further replies.