The US Space Force

Its more that Russia and China are finally developing capability the US has had for a long time. I suspect that weapon reveal that I read about was the blackstar follow on.
?
"We’re not going to be range-limited any more,” General Thurman asserts. “We’ll be able to pack much more energy into fuels. This has tremendous implications for aircraft designs.”

Among other things, it means that “our younger officers, in their Career lifetimes, will probably see airplanes the size of F-15s going in and out of space,” the ASD Commander asserts.

Endothermic fuel.

That was 1987.
I remember reading that back then. Didn't believe it then. Don't believe it now.
To some its bunk to others its a paycheck. Such is life my friend.

"We’re not going to be range-limited any more,” General Thurman asserts. “We’ll be able to pack much more energy into fuels. This has tremendous implications for aircraft designs.”

Among other things, it means that “our younger officers, in their Career lifetimes, will probably see airplanes the size of F-15s going in and out of space,” the ASD Commander asserts.

Endothermic fuel.

That was 1987.
Well technically fuel acts endothermically as it is. If you don't have enough fuel in an IC engine (too high an AFR) cylinder temperatures increase.

Endothermic fuel.

That was 1987.
Well technically fuel acts endothermically as it is. If you don't have enough fuel in an IC engine (too high an AFR) .
Take it or leave it. I sleep pretty good at night despite these stories about how the us is being overtaken in space and hypersonics. War is best fought with deception.

I remember reading that back then. Didn't believe it then. Don't believe it now.

I vaguely recall that at about the same time I read glowing butt-sunshinery about how the USAF would soon have fighter-sized SSTO's with antimatter propulsion.
When International Combat Arms had John Berkey art on the covers:

Did they ever get my hopes up.

"Any attack on American infrastructure will see an appropriate response," National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters.

The United States would “hold Russia accountable for such an attack, should it occur,” he added.

Lines are getting blurred, the thresholds that used to be barriers are disappearing. 'Hybrid war' presents a slippery slope to escalation (sorry about the mixed physics metaphor). The whole rational for negotiations to limit theatre nuclear weapons in the late 70s and 80s was to take a rung out of the ladder of escalation. The doctrine of hybrid war is putting them back (really sorry about the mixed metaphors).

In a communiqué issued last year, NATO officials said that attacks on space-based assets could lead to the invocation of Article 5, which means that members of the NATO alliance would consider it an armed attack and assist the ally.

Nevertheless, it now seems clear that the perception of "commercial space" assets in space is changing. Russia's comments and similar remarks from China show that the countries see Western commercial satellites as military assets rather than as separate entities. For decades, of course, commercial satellites have carried US military communications, but these were viewed as independent entities whose capabilities the Department of Defense could call upon.

Now, America's adversaries see little to no difference. "It's almost like they see companies like SpaceX as a branch of the US military, a mercenary in space, if you will, which changes how you view the lawfulness of attacking them," Victoria Samson, Washington Office Director of the Secure World Foundation, told
Ars.

Primary source:

Last edited:
Addendum.

"It's almost like they see companies like SpaceX as a branch of the US military."

In these countries, branches of the military are in effect exactly what analogous entities (such as the Wagner Group) are. Therefore, that's what they would think. SpaceX and others should expect to become targets for state-instigated espionage and sabotage now.

Last edited:

Last edited:
In case this had not been posted:

Phase Four's Maxwell 2 engine:

Phase_Four_Inc.jpg

Perfect name to hide it from fiscal hawks-make it sound like a spysat program! Well done my acolytes! I have taught you well...next:

Trans
Atmospheric
Xploration
Capable
Utility
Transport
System.
(TAXCUTS)
We need a hundred billion bucks worth ...voice vote now-all in favor? (Rand Paul gagging noise)-"wait....what-OOF" Thanx for punching him out, Santos. "Mesa like TAXCUTS!"

Last edited: