The Lost V-Bomber

Thank you. I have posted over there.
I never connected the aeroisoclinic wing with the V-bombers. Silly me.

Thank you. I have posted over there.
I never connected the aeroisoclinic wing with the V-bombers. Silly me.
The plane with the aero-isoclinic wing is the unbuilt Short S.B.1 design. A 3-view drawing of it appears on page 26 of the book British Secret Projects: Jet Bombers Since 1949. A one-third scale model of the S.B.1 design was built and first flown on July 14, 1951. Info on the S.B.1 glider is available at this link:

There are two versions of the PD1 project that have been published, presumably an early and developed version
The lower one with the over-and-under engine mounting and tail barbette is reminiscent of the conservative Sperrin thinking, while the upper one is more a member of the Valiant/Victor generation and more reminiscent of the SB.1 and 4. So I'd say definitely a development progression.

Harder to say whether that was over time or a "we could do it the old way or the new way" comparison.

From Air Enthusiast May/June 1999
Thank you Justo. These are presumably from Tony Buttler's piece on "Control at the Tips: Aero-isoclinics and Their Influence on Design". How many pages is the whole article?

The Aerocinema site is throwing up a javascript error in my browser.
All I can find of The Lost V-Bomber is a 1-minute trailer on the wayback machine:
It's mostly about GTR Hill; archive fottage of Pterodctyls and an American narrator. Some CGI clips of the PD 1 are also evident.
Anything more and it looks like you have to find them and buy a streaming subscription.