The interlude/theme music you are touched by

Three bits of incidental/theme music.
The titles music to Hunt for Red October as Ryan leaves London.
Michel LeGrand's theme for Ice Station Zebra especially the end credits.
The music in A Bridge Too Far especially as the Guards Armoured set off.
Though the all time best for me is the Strauss music played in the Earth to Moon voyage segment of 2001 A Space Odyssey

I'm a die hard fan of City Hunter. That manga, really... !!! Childhood memories: we laughed so much watching this, with my sister... particularly when Kaori slammed Ryo into the walls with her giant hammer... to cool off those mokkori onslaughts...

The soundtrack was pretty good, too. Particularly this song.

Something completely different...

The Beach Boys - Pet sounds, complete album.

and the usual question - how can a band making such heavenly music, could put itself in such hells ?

- Brian destroyed his mental health trying to beat the Beatles Sergent pepper, and Smile stood unfinished for 40 years. He went through three decades of hell. Yet he survived - against all odds.
- Denis, the wild hedonist, later picked up a hitchhicker with the name of Charles Manson and involontarily set into motion the events leading to the slaughter of Sharon Tate (and, by ricochet, the still ongoing Polanski shitstorm). Denis never recovered and went into self-destruction mode until, well, he died.
- Finally Carl got cancer and died.

Frack.

Last edited:
Not really interlude or theme music but whenever I hear Acker Bilk's "Stranger on the Shore" it takes me back to being curled up in a chair browsing toy catalogues in the early 60s waiting for Dr Who in black and white on the telly after our evening meal.

Opening credits of The Good Fight - some exquisite blowuppery, albeit on a small scale, set to an increasingly energetic soundtrack:

Last edited:
Something I stumbled across that makes you think of the vagaries of history...

...what if the singer/songwriter had succeeded?

From the early 2000s -- Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex -- Lithium Flower