The Boeing B-47 Stratojet: Strategic Air Command's Transitional Bomber

elmayerle

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Thanks for that information, Chris. I will definitely email them and encourage such a supplement. I don't know the authors at all, so would feel peculiar asking them to allow you to supply the drawings. If you do have the chance to talk to them, I'd definitely be interested in getting decent-sized versions of the drawings. If you have it, I'd love to get a drawing of the side-be-side cockpit proposal; I have enough B-47 kits to put it to use.

CJGibson

Shoot him, you fool!
Reaction score
What page is that on?

Chris

elmayerle

Reaction score
Le me get back to you on that. I know there were pictures of the mockup, but I don't remember seeing a three-view and that would really be helpful in trying to model the side-by-side cockpit variant.

elmayerle

Reaction score
CJGibson said:
What page is that on?

Chris
Side-by-side cockpit is shown with mockup pictures on page 191. I don't immediately see that they had you do drawings of that version, unfortunately. it would be quite the conversion to do in 1/144 or 1/72.

Sundog

Reaction score
I would love a good drawing of the B-47C with the B-52 style side by side cockpit as well. I haven't read the book yet, but the sections I've skipped through have been excellent. I also like that a lot of the info regarding the RB flights and their routes is in this book as well. It's all very interesting. A great addition to any aviation library. :)

sienar

Reaction score
pometablava said:
An unconfirmed black project high altitude recce version
I wonder if that was related to the radar blocking screens fitted to a B-47s intakes.

elmayerle

Reaction score
Orionblamblam said:
Was it one of these?
The bottom one is the mockup depicted in the book. Will either of these be showing up in a furture USBP edition?

Orionblamblam

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.up-ship.com
elmayerle said:
Orionblamblam said:
Was it one of these?
The bottom one is the mockup depicted in the book. Will either of these be showing up in a furture USBP edition?
Likely so. This collection of B-47 evolutionary designs is a folder way in the back of a thick box of Boeing folders, awaiting scanning in due course. Took me a while to find the folder since I hadn't gotten there yet, and I just took some cell phone snapshots.

Shouldn't be too long. Say, about the time SLS is regularly flying NASA astronauts to Mars. So there surely won't be any unforeseen delays or needless stalling.

elmayerle

Reaction score
Orionblamblam said:
Shouldn't be too long. Say, about the time SLS is regularly flying NASA astronauts to Mars. So there surely won't be any unforeseen delays or needless stalling.
Ah, long about the "Twelfth of Never", then?

Orionblamblam

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.up-ship.com
elmayerle said:
Naw, naw, any day now. Really and for true. My promise of speed is as trustworthy as a politicians claims.

hesham

Reaction score
Hi,

very good book,specially Atomic B-47,mother Ship and a large numbers from unknown variants.

elmayerle

Reaction score
Orionblamblam said:
elmayerle said:
Naw, naw, any day now. Really and for true. My promise of speed is as trustworthy as a politicians claims.
Ah, the "real soon now" beloved of software developers. :)

No importa, I'll purchase it when it becomes available. What you have posted might be enough to do something in 1/144 scale.

Orionblamblam

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.up-ship.com
Actually, the B-47 diagrams have all been scanned. But given that it's 3:39 in the morning...

Orionblamblam

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.up-ship.com
I've posted some B-47C images in their own thread:
https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,30972.0.html

iverson

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
I'm about a third of the way through this book, and I think it is excellent. The text is interesting and generally well-written. The photographs are excellent, at least compared to some similar titles I have picked up recently. Highly recommended.