Teleparallel Gravity again...

Nik

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Care: I lack the math to grasp more than the rudiments of the 'twistor' stuff at the heart of 'Teleparallel Gravity' ('TG').
As I understand it, instead of familiar analogy that 'Mass makes space bend, and this creates effect of gravity which regulates motion', 'twistors' twist space. Apparently, you can write the formulae for Relativity with 'twistors' and get the same results. Just, Einstein lacked the math tools to do it justice...

Could be said that our 'familiar' formulae for Relativity are a simplification of the version using 'twistors'. Sorta like 'Special' vs 'General' Relativity, but a step further...

I first heard of 'Teleparallel Gravity' from a feature article by Paul Sutter in 'New Scientist' several years ago. I re-read it about once a month and, for a few minutes, it sorta makes sense...

If you Google for 'TG' or read the Wiki, you'll find yourself wading through arcane 'Greek Alphabet Noodle Soup:' I get impression that scant few people grok the biz...

Anyhow, a new, um, twist: Remember Hawking's unsettling discovery that Relativity means 'Black Holes Have No Hair' ? Seems, when you re-visit the topic using 'TG' and 'twistors', Black Holes are rather more complex: They may not have stubble, but do shed 'data dandruff'...

Okay, break out the migraine pills...
'Twisty' new theory of gravity says information can escape black holes after all
By Paul Sutter
Einstein's theory of relativity say black holes are 'bald', but a new tweak to his research may give the mysterious objects their long-sought 'hair.'

--
IIRC, the 'hook' for 'TG' and 'twistors' is that winding Space/Time one way gives familiar electromagnetic phenomena, while winding other way gives gravity-- Or, perhaps more correctly, 'gravity'. Which means 'TG' may provide a robust theoretical basis for 'gravity manipulation'...

Analogy would be how, 1860~~1870, Maxwell plus Heavyside derived equations that let Hertz do his RF spark-gap experiments in 1880~~1890 and 'invent' radio...

As yet, how you might get from 'TG' and 'twistors' math to actual 'gravity manipulation' is currently unknown...

Perhaps some secrets are to be had here:

The maths:

Now what the author likely means is that he has a way to understand the cosmos—not manipulate it…using the Alena Tensor.

Something of note:

Now from what I am told these are not true gravitons, but to steal a quote:

“According to Weinberg’s Low Energy Theorem, any massless spin-2 field must couple to the stress-energy tensor in the same way a gravitational field does and so give rise to a force indistinguishable from gravitation.”

Also of interest:

I wonder if thin metamaterials can allow a bleed-over of forces that bull materials will not allow…

In order to make things a bit simpler, mass = gravity. Gravity is lower on Mars since it's smaller than Earth. It's lower on the Moon for the same reason.

Mass is in direct relationship to energy, acceleration, and time, hence E=mc^2. Funny thing is people always omit that whole time variable when talking gravity. The event horizon is the slippery slope where time approaches zero.