States get go-ahead to build electric car charging stations

Charging a car in ten minutes is great but I don't think the U.S will get those
because of cost. Waiting an hour to charge is not as helpful as it should be.
And there is always the power grids. Can they handle the demand? The use
of all electric makes the grids juicy targets for hackers. Harden the grids first
then we will talk about all electric cars and charging stations.

Right now, EV owners are using home chargers. I'm sure there are very smart people who are aware of potential problems. There is a plan to lay a magnetic induction grid under one mile of street in Detroit. There is no need to harden anything, just maintain a high level of security, with manual backups in place. Penalties for so-called hacking attempts should be severe. At the least, being barred from internet access.

Cost? The U.S. government has no money of its own. The taxpayer is footing the bill. Rest assured, you will be charged a hefty price at an official 'charging station' as opposed to charging at home.

Now, I wonder if abandoned SONIC fast food locations might work as a lay-out...Elon might invest in SONIC as a dual use facility. You refuel as your car does...charged by the time you finish eating. Each post-stall has to have power go to it individually...and service stations have screens...maybe an e-lotto for a free charge...

How long it takes to charge is a big question, the longer it takes the charging stations
the more of them you will need and vice versa. As mentioned earlier, the citizens will
be paying for them to start with so I think it would be a crime to make a profit from them.