Stargazer2006's Bell-Boeing XV-16A PLR (Power Lift Rotorcraft)

Johnbr said:
Found this on the net.Boeing-Bell XV-16A PLR VTOLby *BisproContrary to popular belief, The V-22 Osprey is not the first joint effort by Bell and Boeing. In 1976, Boeing Vertol teamed up with Bell's Helicopter Division on a proposal for the Army's PLR (Power Lift Rotorcraft) program.

Designated XV-16A in the VTOL series, this clean-looking and able performer combined Boeing's experience with transport helicopters and Bell's expertise in VTOL, in this case capitalizing on the tilt-duct research that culminated in the highly successful X-22A prototype a decade before.

The PLR program was canceled despite a successful two-year evaluation phase because it was found that its advantages did not outweigh the 35% increase in costs from operating it instead of a conventional Chinook.

Bogus, as noted on the web page in the comments

Thanks for the cutaway !
The XV-16 is the work of Stargazer ! To be fair, he gave the clue "Don't believe everything you read!" ;)

Sorry for the confusion! :-\

Believe it or not, despite my warning at the bottom of the pages (not to mention the fact I very often explain how I did it), I still get messages almost every week on deviantART from people who either think the aircraft were real or who cry "Fake" as if I'd pretended otherwise... ::)

That's some really nice shopping, Stargazer. I can see how at first glance the mistake could be made that it was real.

A pretty realistic rendering, It had me going a little longer than it should have.
I have to build a model in 1/72 scale.
A fun project!