SpaceX (general discussion)

How does this have anything at all to do with Starship? Different launch vehicles in different states.
This isn’t a Starship thread it’s a general Space X thread.

Yes. But you replied to a post about a delay I the Falcon 9 Starlink launch with "bad for Starship" which doesn't make sense.

How does this have anything at all to do with Starship? Different launch vehicles in different states.

Yes. But you replied to a post about a delay I the Falcon 9 Starlink launch with "bad for Starship" which doesn't make sense.
I’d ask why someone else was talking about Starship in the first place in relation to this?

Static fire test for SN4 now moved to NET Tuesday.

I’d ask why someone else was talking about Starship in the first place in relation to this?

??? You are the one who first mentioned Starship in response to the Starlink delay.

The Static fire test of Engine Nr°20
with some nasty side effects of launch pad parts burning...

SN4 at the pad. SN5 in the High Bay with SN6 section alongside and now SN7's first rings have been spotted near the big tents.

NOTAM for Boca Chica, Monday (01 June), from 1100-1900 UTC (0600-1400 CDT / local time). Unlike previous NOTAMs, this one is "FOR SPACE LAUNCH AND REENTRY [aka landing] OPS", with airspace restricted all the way up to 26,000ft, rather than the 1,500ft they've been using for static fires (other Boca Chica NOTAMs were also just for generic "SPACE OPS", not launches).

The Cameron County (which covers Boca Chica) website also lists a road closure for Monday 0600-1400 CDT, but not for Sunday, which would be the case if the Monday road closure was just a back-up for a static fire.

All of this is subject to change of course, especially if DM-2 gets delayed into next week (Elon would want to oversee both launches and DM-2 comes first), but with a bit of hope we might see two launches within <48 hours of each other.

OT but I was reading yesterday that the camera used for this shot is setup in an apartment building about six miles away and 350 feet in the air. Observe the atmospheric distortion and imagine trying to focus a laser through that mess. :oops: (And this is relatively "clear" air.)

I imagine questions will start to be asked about the whole Starship project or at least how they are being build as this is getting to be a habit. It also doesn’t look good before the launch of DM-2.

I imagine questions will start to be asked about the whole Starship project or at least how they are being build as this is getting to be a habit. It also doesn’t look good before the launch of DM-2.

Nah, it's unrelated. Starship is a SpaceX personal project, with little to no relation to their existing rocket fleet. Since they used their own money, they could blow up as many prototypes as they needed to figure out the optimal approach, NASA would get involved only when they started to use it as launcher for NASA cargo.

Nah, it's unrelated. Starship is a SpaceX personal project, with little to no relation to their existing rocket fleet. Since they used their own money, they could blow up as many prototypes as they needed to figure out the optimal approach, NASA would get involved only when they started to use it as launcher for NASA cargo.
I meant the public perception.

Hi,

SNs might still be considered expendable test articles at this stage.

Today's SN4 blow up is both bad and good news. Bad news for obvious reasons. Good news in the long run, as SpaceX learns the hardest possible way whatever may go south. Yes, there are problems that must be fixed. SpaceX are building their engineering confidence while testing and solving, incrementally, problems associated with each of these early catastrophic experiences. As pioneers did, between the 1940s and 1960s. Engineering insights gained from this process is invaluable. Ultimately, a refined design will end up in a better, safer vehicle.

SN7 segments have already been spotted and SN construction keeps running at an unusually high pace by any other standards.

So, it takes 20 more articles before a successful flight occurs, I'm still fine with that.

A.

I imagine questions will start to be asked about the whole Starship project or at least how they are being build as this is getting to be a habit.

Don't get your hopes up.

It also doesn’t look good before the launch of DM-2.

Completely unrelated.
You sound like you have doubts about the Starship project?

I take it English is not your first language?
And I take it that civility is a foreign concept to you.

a very good analysis by Scott Manely

eider human error or the umbilical fuel connection failed

I wonder how Musk react on that failure...