Space Jam another front in the so called culture wars

Flyaway

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
God I feel old where both sides in the politics of the US these days are using a family cartoon as another front in this endless culture war. Oh god a cartoon rabbit isn’t hot enough, a cartoon skunk encourages rape culture. They do know they are drawings. I didn’t like Pepe when I was a kid because I thought he wasn’t funny nothing about anything else, and I didn’t have a clue about the character he was based on as even by when I was kid it was old. As for attacking Chuck Jones that’s a bit much.

Any way a couple of articles below in case you are lucky enough to have missed all this madness.

Both sides of the political spectrum are equally bad for being "snowflakes" in debates such as this. It's like a bunch of toddlers fighting. And those that get worked watching are just as bad.
I think the problem is also partly that it’s easy way of generating a load of online articles if you work in the online media.

You must have serious mental problems to censor a cartoon for absurd reasons. Tom and Jerry is full of violence; Woody Woodpecker is a slacker and a penniless who annoys poor Wally the walrus (but he is the antagonist!); Duffy Duck is miserly and narcissistic; Tweety behaves like a sadist with Silvestro; Uncle Scrooge is an unbearable miser; all WB characters always pull sticks of dynamite out of nowhere. There would be a thousand reasons to censor these cartoons. You see, this is just stupidity and that's it. You just have to have the courage to say "NO!" to all this madness.

And Tex Avery !! Screwball squirrell... Blitz wolf...also Popeye...
But Mickey - Daisy Duck and Minnie Mouse are machismo caricatures straight out of the 50's...

Yeah - 2021 rosy glasses, what a PITA.

Trivia from the 'nothing better to do crowd.' They lift up a rock and yell racist or sexist and pat themselves on the back after each "victory." What would we do without them? Actually, imagine taking on this sort of activity as a life's goal. You are now a change-agent who changed something, and your "work" is never done.

That said, Pepe was my hero. Chasing women while offering them love.

Those critics should just go watch goblin slayer or redo of healer than have something to really complain about, god bless Japan.

836829._sx1280_ql80_ttd__1.jpg
So Space Jam is sort of going to be something like this?

Most of us have grown up with comics and cartoons, and probably very few will have suffered permanent harm,
I think.
As others, these genres have changed over the years, if for better or for worse, is a matter of opinion. And that
could principally be discussed here in The Bar (remember "The Bar is for any offtopic postings ..."), but, please,
neither in an offensive, provoking, nor, if possible, in a lecturing tone. Thank you !

Utterly pointless topic, so far from relevant to the forum and guaranteed to incite controversy. Post this kind of thing on Facebook, but not here.

Future posts like this will result in bans.

Back
Top Bottom