Soviet STOVLs

uk 75

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
At the same time NATO was flirting with a jump jet air force so too were the Russians
Interestingly whereas the various drawing board designs in the West were largely dead ends, the Soviets evolved the Mig 23 swing wing family from theirs.

Hi! Russian beauty. 

Attachments

• mig stol.jpg
    mig stol.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Sukhoi T-58BD.jpg
    Sukhoi T-58BD.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Mig-21PD.jpg
    Mig-21PD.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
You can see Su-15, Mig-25, T-58BD, Mig-23PD in the last part of this video. Don't miss.
We surprised very much to see these aircraft same as the United State military at the day. We immediately realized that Mig-25 is mach 3 class!!
Then the U.S. developped F-15 and F-14 immediately.

Last edited:
I always thought the MiG-23PD was one of the best looking MiGs of the Cold War. I have two of those kits. Thanks for the video link[the post with the embedded video] (Note the "videos" are in the middle of that video link. You don't need the volume on, it's just bad background music.)

I've always thought that it would be interesting to replace the lift engines of 23-01 with fuel tankage and/or ammo storage for a fitted gun and add large canards (ala' Viggen) to the inlets. I'm very sorely tempted to use canards from the Ye-152M in modeling this.