soviet flying wings

JJC

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
the other day i was looking through one of my aircraft books and came across the Myasichev M-4 'bison' bomber, after further study of the various pics i came accross an image of side view of a bison at Zhukovski and behind this is a jet powered flying wing aircraft with a twin-boom configuration tail. I do not know what aircraft this is and am very interested to find. if anyone has any info ..............

i can't find the pic anywhere online, but will post A.S.A.P when i find it.

i'm sorry if this isn't what i think it is, but i'm not up to speed on soviet/russian dsesigns

imagine this only full sized and with twin-boom config.

Attachments

• russian-secret[1].jpg
    russian-secret[1].jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,070
JJC said:
i came accross an image of side view of a bison at Zhukovski and behind this is a jet powered flying wing aircraft with a twin-boom configuration tail.

what did you smoke this day?

I said i didn't know much about russian planes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

some clues

CRW_0477.jpg

ye that looks quite like it, you see the pic only shows the back of the plane, sorry to waste your time

Nope.
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-1/halox

anyway, what is the cylindrical object underneath the object ?

JJC said:
...i was looking through one of my aircraft books...

What about the low-res scan or the simple shot with the cell phone? Russians/Soviets don't have any strong experience with the pure flying wings so I doubt that it was the real FW. But before we will see the picture that you did, everything what is here will be only a pure speculation.

Hows about this? Thought everyone could use a laugh.

http://aeroweb.lucia.it/rap/Tu-180.html

:D :D :D :D

Moonbat

Attachments

• Tu-180.jpg
    Tu-180.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 323
here it is, sorry that its not very good

Attachments

• DSC00139.JPG
    DSC00139.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 317
Ouch, because of the quality it will be the challenging task, but at least now we have something to do with. Let me think....

Trident said:
That does look like the M-55 from behind.

Suggestion: compare the wingspan of the plane behind to the length of the Bison in front. If the wingspan looks a little bit shorter than it aught to be for the M-55, then perspective is likely to blame, and it's a good match. If the wingspan is too *long* compared to length, then it's not an M-55.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0204a.shtml

its a hoax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i know its a hoax. I just wanted to lighten up the mood for second on this particular thread.

"iT'S A FAAAAAAKKKEE!

Ideas abou what? about why still do you think it's *unknown flying wing* while you have been told that it was M-55? Don't have any ideas in the case...

Attachments

• m55-takeoff-.jpg
    m55-takeoff-.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC00139s.jpg
    DSC00139s.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 222
Quite correct. It is definitely the M-55. I have exctly the same picture at home. I will post it tomorrow.

well first time i said sorry for wasting your time i meant it, i'll say it again but this time un-sincerely!

me being stupid although in retrospect it wasn't the right thing to post

the other day i was looking through one of my aircraft books and came across the Myasichev M-4 'bison' bomber, after further study of the various pics i came accross an image of side view of a bison at Zhukovski and behind this is a jet powered flying wing aircraft with a twin-boom configuration tail. I do not know what aircraft this is and am very interested to find. if anyone has any info ..............

i can't find the pic anywhere online, but will post A.S.A.P when i find it.
Myasischev M-17 Mystic