Solid State Laser News

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
I understand that sensors blinding laser inducing no injury to human eyes were developed by a French company. I hope this is what Mme Parly (MoD) is referring to.

Otherwise, 10 years after, it will still be the same crazy rhetoric about firing laser shots among the public...

The only suitable counter drone solutions in those situations are non to low kinetics. Laser firing, HPMW are no more suitable than high rate machine guns when the line of sight is cluttered with innocent people.

But in a country that repeatedly made the headlines with explosive grenades and mortar shots seriously injuring protestor, you never know..

Last edited:

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Nothing new for the reader here, but a comprehensive summary of the technology involved. Also mentions recent UFO sightings and the probable usage of laser induced plasma.

Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Otherwise, 10 years after, it will still be the same crazy rhetoric about firing laser shots among the public...
I suspect that the current government may be increasingly desperately looking at 'a whiff of grapeshot' type measures as its grip continues to slip.

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Oh, I just think she just got carried off by the demo or how it was sold to her.
It's the French directed energy mafia, often a bunch of nut jobs at the remote corner of the spectrum of officially subsidized weapons programs. Caution is advised.

Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
On the other hand, the times, they are 'a changing'. And desperation can have a momentum all of its own.

muttbutt

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
In fact HELMA is due to become a family of systems, CILAS planning to add to the current HELMA-P the HELMA-XP, the high power version aimed at neutralising not only UAS at longer ranges but also to act against the RAM (Rocket, Artillery, Mortar) threat, which will become available in 2027 according to the company roadmap
vdJgQlG.jpg

siegecrossbow

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Surprised that this didn't gain traction in media, not even in China.

1625786962205.png

At the 8:42 mark of the video, there is a blink and you miss it clip of a Chinese naval laser test. The background narration mentioned that new weapons are being tested on PLAN ship Bishen. I assume that this weapon is still under testing and could intercept enemy drones/possibly subsonic cruise missiles. After doing some research I found out that the target drone featured appears to be a s-200 high subsonic target drone. It has a maximum speed of over 700KPH is used by PLAN and PLAGF to simulate cruise missiles/low flying enemy fighters. It appears that they are working on a CIWS system that either complements or replaces the existing gun-based system.

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
"In coordination with our partners across the U.S. government, we are vigorously investigating reports of possible unexplained health incidents among the U.S. Embassy Vienna community," the State Department said in their announcement of the investigation obtained by The Hill.

"Any employees who reported a possible UHI received immediate and appropriate attention and care," the statement added.

The New Yorker magazine first reported the Vienna cases that began after President Joe Biden assumed office.

Some believe the mysterious illness is an attack by U.S. adversaries using radio wave weapons.

There have reportedly been more than 130 cases of Havana syndrome, and two occurred in Washington, D.C., near the White House.