Social media trackers active on this site.

Foo Fighter

Cum adolescunt hominem verum esse volo.
Reaction score
Very surprised to find a report from firefox that social media site trackers are active on this forum. Not something I would have thought possible but that's the report for you. Comments? Thoughts?

It has Google Analytics. That's all. I can take a look at the collection settings in Google Analytics and see if there’s anything specific to social media.

Ok - I think what you are referring to is the built-in Xenforo “share this post on Facebook / Twitter etc” buttons. If you choose to share a forum post on Facebook using this feature then the social media company concerned will know that you visited my site. This is kind of unavoidable given the functionality. So long as you don’t use the feature I don’t believe you can be tracked but I can investigate in more detail.

I installed Firefox, visited the forum and signed in. No social media trackers were detected in Firefox.

I have also turned off a vaguely worded feature in Google Analytics called "Signals" which is supposed to give enhanced reporting but seems mainly related to Adwords campaigns.

These are the areas where more information is gathered when Google Signals is activated (but only for users with Ads Personalization enabled):

• Remarketing – this extends any eligible remarketing activities to work cross-device
  • Ads reporting – you’ll get more information about users
  • Demographics and interest reports – more information will be collected
  • Cross-device reports (in beta) – you will start to see cross-device information in your account

This might be relevant. The only report this seems to enhance for me is the device overlap report, which shows what amount users uses multiple access methods e.g. desktop + mobile. (an example screenshot below)
device-overlap-report.png

Last edited:
Gone here too now but thanks for checking. All sorts popping up lately I am even having to repeatedly fix the microsnot app that "Allow windows to switch off this device for power saving" which seeing as I never switched the thing on myself, keeps reactivating. A very annoying habit microsnot has of thinking they own my pc. I know I paid for it AND the OS because my bank made a point of putting it on my statement.

Firefox like everything else, wants us to "Sighn in", pun intended, so it can 'make us safe'. Yeah right.

Hi all, I'm a beginner blogger, and it would be helpful to know how I can increase my views on TikTok?

Why are you so worried about it? Even if the sites track your activity, it's only to connect your targeting ads. We would probably pay most social networks if it weren't for this way of making money for developers. In answer to the question about views in TikTok, I can say that only luck will help you on this platform. It doesn't matter if you're shooting useful content or useless content. The main thing is to get into recommendations. It isn't easy, but there is a way to buy live views. Then your video is very likely to become popular.

Last edited:
It always seemed to me that Firefox is the most "democratic" browser. It has the most tools to hide your traces on the Internet. This thread woke up my paranoia, thanks lol. I do too many transactions in this browser. So I should pay special attention to any news about the company's problems. Although, I like the ability to share content from forums on other platforms. For a long time, I couldn't figure out how to repost on instagram - 1394ta correctly. But the originality of authorship is lost there anyway. Now I link to the forums just through my Facebook account.

Last edited: