SNCASO / Sud-Ouest Aviation (SO) designations

I complete the list,

no doubt that maybe I forget or make a wrong in any place,so please tell me if there was.

Hi,

I add E-1910 Info,with all details.

Hi,

- I add some details to the first series

I will start the list for second series;

SO.161 was a designation sometimes found for the Bloch 161 / SE 161
SO.174 was a formerly Bloch MB.174
SO.175B was a variant of Bloch MB.175
SO.177 was a variant of the Bloch 175 fighter re-engined with two 860 hp Hispano-Suiza 12Y-31 engines
SO.180 was a three-seat mid-wing light transport monoplane,developed from SO.80,powered by two 220
hp Renault 6Q20 engines,Project
SO.200 was formerly SNCAO.200 Fighter
SO.810 was a developed version of Bloch MB.800,tested in 1939
SO.820 was a developed version of Bloch MB.800,tested in 1941
SO.830 was a developed version of Bloch MB.800,tested in 1941

SO.1000 was a two-seat high-wing dive bomber monoplane Project,powered by two Hispano-Suiza 12Z engines
SO.1010 was a two-seat high-wing dive bomber monoplane Project version,powered by two 400 hp Bearn engines
SO.1020 was a single seat mid-wing dive bomber monoplane Project,but powered by one Hispano-Suiza 12Z engine
SO.1030 was a single seat mid-wing twin-boom dive bomber monoplane Project,powered by one Hispano-
Suiza 12Z pusher engine
SO.1040 was a single seat low-mid-wing fighter monoplane Project,powered by one 1470 hp P&W R-1830 engine
SO.1050 was unknown design
SO.1060 was unknown design,mentioned in TU magazine
SO.1070 was a three-seat mid-wing twin-boom torpedo and dive bomber Project,powered by two 1600 hp Gnome-
Rhône 14R-24 engines,later became SNCAC NC.1070
SO.1071 was a three seat mid-wing attack monoplane Project (not twin boom),powered by the same engines
SO.1072 was a three seat mid-wing attack monoplane Project (not twin boom),powered by the same engines,
had a bigger fuselage
SO.1080 was unknown design
SO.1090 was unknown design
SO.1100 Ariel I was a two-seat experimental tip-jet helicopter,powered by one 220 hp Mathis G8 compressor
engine
SO.1110 Ariel II was improved version of SO.110,with a modified control system and revised tail surfaces,and
powered by one Turbomeca compressor engine
SO.1120 Ariel III was a three-seat all metal helicopter,and a fitted with fixed tricycle undercarriage ,powered
by one 275 hp Turbomeca Artouste turbine engine
SO.1130 ? may it was a flying crane helicopter project of 1950,could be able to lift 6.600 1b weight
SO.1140 to SO.1210 were unknown designs
SO.1220 Djinn was a single seat Army support helicopter,with open frame structure and landing skids,powered
by one 250 hp Turbomeca Palouste turbine engine
SO.1221 Djinn was a production version for French Army,with enclosed transparent cockpit structure and
enlarge tail with tailplane and end fins,powered by one 240 hp Turbomeca Palouste VI turbine engine
SO.1230 to SO.1290 were unknown designs
SO.1300 Farfadet was a three-seat experimental compound helicopter Project,later developed into below
SO.1310 Farfadet was a three-seat experimental compound all metal helicopter,with small wings,fixed tricycle
undercarriage and four-blade main rotor,powered by one 360 hp Turbomeca Arrius turbine engine driven rotor tips,
plus one 360 hp Turbomeca Artouste turboprop engine driven main rotor
SO.1320 Farfadet was unknown version
SO.1330 Farfadet was a Project version with a more powerful engine
SO.1340 Farfadet was a larger medium transport Project,with longer rotor and high-wing,powered by four 600 hp
Turbomeca Artouste III engines
SO.1350 Farfadet was a smaller version of SO.1340,and a lower estimated speed,but powered by three 600 hp Turbomeca Artouste III engines
SO.1901 or E.1901 was a twin-boom attack project,with short beams,shorter than the fuselage, and with
large vertical fins. These vertical drifts led to their upper ends a horizontal empennage of 6 m wingspan,
and consider a small version of SO.1070,powered by two 400 hp Bearn engines
SO.1910 or E.1910 was probably an evolution of the light twin-engine aircraft from the Marine program. fitted
with “Béarn” engines and modified with a shorter fuselage to facilitate his embarkation on board the light aircraft
carrier PA 25 in project. The time zones were extended into beams supporting a raised horizontal tail.The project retained the characteristic wing shape of the SO 1000 and anticipated the SO 1070 produced after the war under
the designation of NC 1070
SO.2000 was a transport seaplane Project on floats,powered by four engines
SO.2010 was a military seaplane version of SO.2000,powered by four engines,Project
SO.2011 was also a military seaplane Project,based on SO.2010,powered by four engines
SO.2020 Barfleur was a high-wing large flying boat monoplane Project,powered by six engine,need confirm
SO.2030 was a flying boat Project of 1943,no more Info
SO.2040 was a flying boat Project of 1943,no more Info
SO.3000 was a single engined high-altitude research monoplane Project,a redesigned of SNCAC NC.170
SO.3010 was a transport Project versions of SO.3000,powered by two Hispano 12 Z engines,a redesigned
of SNCAC NC.180/181
SO.3020 was a stratosphere high-altitude research monoplane Project,powered by single engined,a redesigned
of SNCAC NC.190
SO.3030/I was a mid-wing transatlantic medium transport monoplane Project,powered by two engines,and with
streamlined fuselage
SO.3030/II was a Project version of SO.3030,but had a raised cockpit and lower position of rear wing,also powered
by two engines
SO.3040 was unknown design
SO.3050 was a side-by-side two seat touring and light monoplane,had a cantilever low-wing shape,powered
by one 140 hp Renault 4Pei engine
SO.4000 was a two-seat high-mid-wing jet bomber monoplane Project,powered by two Rolls Royce Nene 102
turbojet engines
SO.4000/I was a Project version with more swept wing configuration,powered by the same engines
SO.4000/II was a building version,with a raised cockpit,powered by the same engines
SO.4000 ASW was an ASW patrol aircraft Project,but powered by two Rolls Royce Tyne turboprop engines
SO.4010 was a high-wing Project version,powered by two Snecma ATAR 101 or Rolls Royce Avon turbojet
engines,with more swept back wing,and the engines mounted under the wings
SO.4015 was a developed version of SO.4010,but powered by two TB1500 turbojet engines,in the same
position
SO.4050 Vautour I was a single seat high swept wing attack bomber Project,powered by two Snecma ATAR
turbojet engines,mounted under the wing
SO.4050.01 Vautour I was a two-seat all-weather fighter prototype, powered by twoSnecma ATAR 101B
turbojet engines,but had a mid-wing
SO.4050.02 Vautour I was a single-seat ground-attack prototype, powered by two Snecma ATAR 101D
SO.4050.03 Vautour I was a two-seat bomber prototype, powered by two Armtrong Siddeley Sapphire
SO.4050.04 Vautour I was a two-seat medium bomber prototype,with ATAR D2 engines
SO.4050.05 Vautour I was a single seat attack prototype,with ATAR E3 engines
SO.4050.06 Vautour I was a two-seat night fighter prototype,with ATAR E3 engines
SO.4050.07 Vautour I was a single seat attack prototype,with ATAR E3 engines
SO.4050.08 Vautour I was a two-seat nigh fighter prototype,with ATAR E3 engines
SO.4050.09 Vautour I was a two-seat night fighter prototype,with Rolls Royce Avon RA41 engines
SO.4050 Vautour IIA was a single-seat, long-range attack aircraft version,armed with cannon and bombs,powered
by two Snecma ATAR 101E-3 or E-5 turbojet engines
SO.4050 Vautour IIB was a two-seat bomber with glazed nose position for bombardier/observer replacing cannon
pack, carrying bombs internally and on underwing pylons,powered by the same engines
SO.4050 Vautour IIN was a two-seat, all-weather interceptor with DRAC-25AI or DRAC-32AI radar in nose,
pilot and co-pilot in tandem seats,powered by the same engines
SO.4050 Vautour IIBR was similar to IIB,but with a Derveaux radar bombsight,powered by the same engines
SO.4050 Vautour IIR was a recce version,fitted with three cameras,powered by the same engines
SO.4050 Vautour IIPP was a five further Vautours modified for sampling the radioactive clouds generated by
the nuclear tests carried out in Mururoa
SO.4050 Vautour IIBRA was anther version to test nuclear clouds in late 1960
SO.4050 Vautour IIB-TT was a version for target tug
SO.4050 Vautour II Robot was unmanned robot flying bomb,Project
SO.4050 Vautour II Cyclone was a fighter version,with Wright Cyclone engines
SO.4050 Vautour IVB was a two-seat bomber as advanced version with revised wing,powered by RR AATR 8 engines
SO.4050 Vautour IVN was a single seat fighter version,with M4 fighter wing,powered by RR AATR 8 engines
SO.4054 Vautour IV was advanced Project version,powered by two Snecma ATAR 101 G-32 engines
SO.4055 Vautour IV was a shorter Project version,with new wing shape,powered by two RR RB.168-1 engines
SO.4058 Vautour IV was a Project version,also with the new wing
SO.4060 Super Vatour/I was based on SO.4050,consider a refine version,powered by two Snecma ATAR engine,
mounted under the wing,a heavy fighter Project
SO.4060 Super Vautour/II was a two-seat heavy fighter Project with delta wing and side intakes,powered by two Snecma ATAR engines
SO.4060 Super Vautour /III was a two-seat swept wing heavy fighter Project,also with side intakes,powered by two
Snecma ATAR engines,May 1955
SO.4060.01 Super Vautour was a two-seat mid-wing heavy fighter,powered by two Snecma ATAR 101-1 engines,never completed,had a single main two wheels,and side intakes
SO.4060.02 Super Vautour was a two-seat low-mid-wing heavy fighter,powered by two Snecma ATAR 9 engines,never completed,had a double main wheels in tandem
SO.4060.2B Super Vautour was a two-seat heavy fighter with longer fuselage,powered by two Snecma ATAR 25 engines,a Project
SO.4060.03 Super Vautour was a two-seat heavy fighter with more longer fuselage,powered by two Snecma ATAR 26 engines,remained a Project
SO.4060B Super Vautour was a single seat mid-wing bomber Project,powered by two Snecma ATAR 9 engines,has a single main two wheels
SO.4060 Super Vautour BII was a new bomber Project version,also with ATAR engines
SO.4060 Super Vautour BIV was unmanned robot flying bomb
SO.4060 Super Vautour M was a single seat mid-wing heavy marine fighter Project,intended to use from aircraft
carrier,powered by two two Snecma ATAR 25 engines
SO.4060 Super Vautour N was a two-seat all-weather interceptor Project,also with ATAR engines
SO.4060 Super Vautour Robot was unmanned flying bomb,Project
SO.4061 Super Vautour was an enlarge bomber Project version,with longer fuselage,powered by one Snecma super-
ATAR 18 engine
SO.4062 Super Vautour was a single seat naval fighter,a Project version of SO.4060M,powered by two
Snecma super-ATAR 14 engine
SO.4070 was a side-by-side two-seat delta wing heavy bomber Project,powered by three engines,one ATAR
turbojet above the rear of the fuselage and two ramjets under the wing
SO.4080 was a canard unmanned flying bomb Project,and a small wing,powered by two ramjets,mounted at
the tip of the wings
SO.5000 Phenix was an airliner transport Project,with double deck and powered by eight turboprop engines
SO.5100 Champagne was a low-wing single deck jet airliner and transport Project,powered by four Snecma ATAR
101E engines,each two mounted together under the wings
SO.6000J Triton was a side-by-side two-seat mid-wing experimental jet monoplane,powered by one Rateau
GTS-65,Junkers Jumo 004 B,RR Derwent V or RR Nene engine,with intake in front under a little of the nose
SO.6000N Triton was a production version,three were built,powered buy one Rolls -Royce Nene engine,but
had a side intakes
SO.6004 Triton maybe the same as SO.6000-04
SO.6005 Triton was a single seat trainer version,powered by one Rolls -Royce Nene engine,had a raised bubble
canopy and a streamline fuselage with bigger side intakes in half circle shape
SO.6008 Triton was an interceptor/fighter Project version of 1949,reject because poor performance,need
confirm
SO.6010 Triton was a Project version of SO.6000,fitted with weapons
SO.6015 Triton was a Project version,no more details
SO.6020 Espadon was a single seat mid-wing fighter/interceptor prototype,powered by one RR Nene engine,
later fitted with two wingtip-mounted Turbomeca Marbore turbojets
SO.6021 Espadon was intended as production version,but with a lighter-weight structure, ejection seat, smaller pressurised cockpit and hydraulically boosted flying controls,with a Turbomeca Marbore III turbojets
SO.6025 Espadon was a third prototype fitted with a SEPR 25 auxiliary liquid-fuel rocket beneath the fuselage
SO.6026 Espadon was a second prototype also modified with a SEPR 251 rocket engine
SO.6100 Requin/1 was a lightweight tactical strike fighter Project,powered by two Gabizo turbojet
engines
SO.6100 Requin/2 was a version but powered by one Snecma ATAR E2 engine,Project
SO.6150 Requin/II was a version of SO.6100,but powered by one RR AVON RA23 or Armstrong Siddeley
Sapphire Sa.7 turbojet engine,Project
SO.6160 was a naval version of SO.6150,Project
SO.7010 Pégase wasa six-seat low-wing light transport monoplane,powered by one 400 hp Mathis G.16 engine
SO.7050 Deauville was a side-by-side two-seat low-wing light utility monoplane,powered by one 75 hp Mathis
GO engine
SO.7055 Deauville was a version,powered by one 75 hp Minié 4Dc-32 engine
SO.7056 Deauville was a version,powered by one 105 hp Walter Minor 4-III engine
SO.7060 Deauville was a version,powered by one 105 hp Walter Minor 4-III engine,with tailwheel undercarriage ,
and with a third seat behind the side by side front seats
SO.7065 Deauville was unknown version,maybe a Project,need info
SO.8000 Narval was a single seat low-wing naval fighter prototype,powered by one 2250 hp Arsenal 12HO2
piston pusher engine
SO.8010 Narval was a jet Project version,powered by one Rolls Royce Nene engine
SO.9000 Trident I was a single seat high-mid-wing mixed powered interceptor,powered by two Dassault MD.30
Viper turbojet engines plus one rocket engine mounted at the pod of the fuselage
SO.9050 Trident II was a version,powered by two Turbomeca Gabizo jets plus two rocket engines
SO.9050 Trident IIIA was a version of Trident II,with some improvements,such as it armed and equipped with a
radar "Scout-pointer",fitted with the same three engines,on which the air intakes would have been fitted with
"Nuclei" (wave generator cones oblique shock)
SO.9050 Trident IIIB was a analogous to previous but with a wing and tail fin reduced by 6.43 at 4%. The fuselage
would have been lengthened without modification of the master-couple but with an adaptation of the plan shape
to minimize interaction trails
SO.9050 Trident IIIC was a completely redrawn (no common room with TT B): lengthening of the airfoil reduced
from 2.6 to 2.1, fuselage lengthened by 1m behind the wing, with application of the law of the areas, glass roof
deeply modified to improve visibility
SO.9050 Trident IV was a completely different Project,with high-wing and fitted with one Snecma Super-ATAR
and had a side intakes,and a two ramjet engines in wing tips
SO.9050 Trident Robot was a unmanned Project version,assisted by the removal of the pilot from his cabin
and its equipment would have allowed reduce the dimensions and mass of the interceptor, with equal operational possibilities
SO.9050 Videt was designed by the engineering Andre Vilet,which suggested a version with removing the
turbojets,to be powered by only rocket engines,Project
SO.9050 Trident Twin was a proposed by the engineering Marc Faure to mate two Trident airframes together
to produce a supersonic high altitude engine test bed
SO.10000 was a mid small wing missile Project

- Any additions or corrections are welcome,please make check from the list and send your notes.

I add SO.1130 ? flying crane helicopter project to the list,from Flightglobal 1950.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 5
From Aviation Magazine 1951,

the SNCASO SO.1300 convertiplane was the basis for all this series.

Also from Air Pictorial 1951,

it's clearly mentioned that,it was a large cargo and passenger helicopter project,later developed
as a convertiplane.

Attachments

• 8-51.png
    8-51.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 5