Small Diameter Bomb II

38lbs.

Boeing says 36 lbs. I'll take their word for it.

Now, that number does not include the casing, and the Focused Lethality Munition warhead with a light carbon-fiber case apparently has a lot more fill (but much less lethal radius).

But GMLRS clearly still brings more bang.

It does, but whilst total warhead weight is 90kg, explosive filling weight is around 23kg (51lbs) I think.

Good number. I'm not sure if the AW version with tungsten frag changes the specific explosive fill weight, but it certainly has a much wider area effect that the Unitary version. Unitary was designed for reduced collateral damage; AW is designed to increase area of effect and approach the terminal effects of ICM.

On the other hand, the average UAF soldier probably has designating-capable quads down to the backpack level.
Id argue that a thermobaric SDB-I to knock out the various trenches that block Ukrainian advances would be a godsend for the current stagnating situation.
GLSDB is for sniping S400 sites etc.

Your regular artillery, including HIMARS and MLRS, is for burning trenches.

On the other hand, the average UAF soldier probably has designating-capable quads down to the backpack level.
Id argue that a thermobaric SDB-I to knock out the various trenches that block Ukrainian advances would be a godsend for the current stagnating situation.

There are very few laser designation drones available to the Ukrainian's. Primarily they're donations from Western countries like Puma.

There are very few laser designation drones available to the Ukrainian's. Primarily they're donations from Western countries like Puma.

Laser designation is a bit more complicated than people realize, starting with needing to make sure that the designator and bomb are set to the same modulation and no one else nearby is using the same code. There's a reason we concentrate that ability into dedicated FACs instead of flooding out out to everyone.

What I meant, is that there are quads, capable of carrying laser designators, available to the average UAF leg troop. Not the other way. Wording error on my part.