Side-by-side, two-seat, parasol-wing aircraft or projects?

cluttonfred

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
cluttonfred.info
I am looking for inspiration while exploring concepts for homebuilt aircraft designs. Can anyone point me to any side-by-side, two-seat, parasol wing aircraft? For extra points, how about any with a cabin or enclosed cockpit but still parasol? Pics would be great.

Here's one from me.

1005_Pober-4.jpg

Pober Junior Ace (1950s update of original 1930s Corben design)​

Thanks!

Matthew

You picture doesn't show for me, but I assume it's what is now known as the Corben Junior Ace?

BTW, an enclosed cockpit would just make it a high wing and there are a hell of a lot of those. Though if I had to choose one, I would probably go with a Tailwind. It's a classic and it's affordable.

Thanks and yes, the Pober is a revision of the original Corben. I did not mean high wing cabin aircraft, though the Corben was also available that way. But there are plenty of biplanes with canopies so there could also be parasols with canopies. I am looking for one with side by side seats.

Sundog said:
... BTW, an enclosed cockpit would just make it a high wing ...

Not necessarily, I think. Made just a quick modification of the Morane Saulnier MS.317, purely fictional
of course, but an enclosed cockpit would have been possible.

Attachments

• MS-317_enclosed.gif
    MS-317_enclosed.gif
    47 KB · Views: 117
OK, I see what you guys are saying. I can't say I've ever seen one except what Jemiba is showing in the image above.

I can think of a few with canopies and tandem seating, including several 1930s observation types such as this Douglas O-46 or civilian types like this Morane Saulnier MS.342/2, but I was looking for side-by-side examples, including unbuilt projects.

640px-Douglas_O-46.jpg

image.php

PS--And here's one more, but still tandem seating, the Davis D1W.

davis-d1w.jpg