Shoreham airshow crash pilot cleared over deaths of 11 people

For me this is an example of a pilot who was just too bloody old to fly the aircraft properly. He should have stopped/been stopped years ago. He should have stood down himself, Time for a barrage of cognitive ability tests prior to each show. A valuable aircraft and a lot of lives lost through what I see as ignorance from pilot and organisers/governing organisations.

Flyaway said:
Bit surprised at this verdict but then I wasn’t a jury member so don’t know the full story.

Shoreham airshow crash pilot cleared over deaths of 11 people

Based on the details I've read agree the verdict appears a bit strange but as said above we've not listened to and seen all the evidence like the jury did.
However it does seem to be more a case of some degree of misjudgment leading to/ combining with a potential (still?) un-diagnosed/ identified medical issue that lead to this incident rather than some blanket "he was too old" explanation.

There is only so much the human body can take and as we age that ability reduces. How often are older pilots tested these days? If at all. As drivers on the roads we need to be checked every three years by a doctor and that is for the road. Add the third dimension and much greater exposure to accelerative forces and you have an accident waiting to happen. The pilot admitted he was performing below acceptable standards. None of us want to give up our car or aircraft but ffs, logic has to come first. 11 people dead and families devastated. What of the Galloping Ghost? an aircraft with unauhorised mods which led to how many deaths? Either the situation gets changed or we lose air shows.