• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Scooter: The Douglas A4D Skyhawk Story by Tommy Thomason

F-14D

I really did change my personal text
Reaction score
Now for the latest episode in our favorite soap opera, "As the Page Turns". Amazon is now saying this "...ships in 11 to 12 days", and that I'll get my copy between Oct. 7 and 12.

Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter.

Tailspin Turtle

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.tommythomason.com
Good news: I'm told that Specialty has received books and was shipping them to distributors (and presumably people who ordered directly from them at full list) this week.

F-14D

I really did change my personal text
Reaction score
Tailspin Turtle said:
Good news: I'm told that Specialty has received books and was shipping them to distributors (and presumably people who ordered directly from them at full list) this week.

Attachments

digitalimage

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score

Attachments

Sundog

Reaction score
Mine arrived today. I can't wait to read it. I also found the paint scheme for my 1/48 A-4 in it, whatever year I find time to build it. I really like the look of the CA-4F.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My copy arrived today.

Not had time to read it all, obviously, but it looks like a superb book from Tommy. Loads of colour photos, lots of text to read, and a great list of contributors in the acknowledgments. it looks like an authorative account.

Tailspin Turtle

Reaction score
Website
www.tommythomason.com
overscan said:
My copy arrived today.

Not had time to read it all, obviously, but it looks like a superb book from Tommy. Loads of colour photos, lots of text to read, and a great list of contributors in the acknowledgments. it looks like an authorative account.
Thanks for your kind remarks. I regret to report that as usual, I made errors and after it was turned in, I came across information that I would have liked to include. See http://thanlont.blogspot.com/2011/11/scooter-stuff.html

pathology_doc

Reaction score
Tailspin Turtle said:
and after it was turned in, I came across information that I would have liked to include.
But if every author waited for every source, us readers would have to wait until whenever the local equivalent of the Official Secrets Act lapsed in the last country ever to operate (insert a/c type here).

Thank God for the Internet!

gatoraptor

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Crecy shows a revised edition of this book appearing at the end of September. Skyhawk fans, rejoice!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Not happy. As previously stated, I hate it when a revised copy appears on of a book I already have. I want the new information but don’t want the duplication. I wish there was an option for a simple softcover update supplement with the new data also put forward at the same time.