Russian post-war AA cruiser project.

As for the autoloader of the 100mm quad, 130mm quad and 152mm twin and triple mounts I presume it would be similar to the 100mm CM-2-1 and CM-5-1 mounts used on the Chapayevs and Sverdlovs:
_СМ-5-1.png
As for an autoloader for those mountings my thinking is that it worked the following way: (i) a cartridge was elevated by a hoist (9), (ii) the cartridge was manually put in a pivoting tray (11) that had also an automatic fuze-setting device (3), (iii) then the pivoting tray moved to the elevation of the gun, (iv) a loader standing on the loader's folding platform (12) manually (or using a mechanism?) loaded the cartridge from the pivoting tray to a loading tray (not shown in the drawing), (v) a rammer rammed the cartridge into the gun's breech or the loader rammed it manually using a rammer handle (2).

@Tzoli Could you please tell me is my thinking correct.

BR Piotr

Sadly I do not know I'm not fluent with how guns work especially autoloader ones. I thought the process was fully automatic from shell room to barrel load.

Was the top speed of any of those designs specified? I know @Tzoli asked about the specific characteristics and a source was provided but I still couldn't seem to find where speed was described...

Hah... Nevermind, I looked up what speed in Russian is and I found it.

Also, here is another source for the 8 x 180 mm design.

Last edited:
I was going through shipmodell.com today in order to download all of their French primary documents that were released a decade or so ago when I came across this project entitled "cruiser jupiter". It appears to be mid to late 50s, but it's something I've never seen in any secondary source before.

While it certainly appears to be legitimate, I am suspicious because I've never seen anything written on it. Does anyone have any more information on this, or is it just fanfiction that's been passed off as real, as I suspect?

edit: ah, nevermind, i just found the earlier thread on it from TZoli: https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/unknown-soviet-warship-designs.33889

Attachments

• Page02.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 76
Here's some info on Project 84. Source is the Russian book "The Fleet that Khrushchev destroyed"
Who is the author of this book. Is the book translated in English or still only in Russian available?

In Russian: Флот, который уничтожил Хрущев, the author is Александр Широкорад (Alexander Shirokorad).

Also, there is another source mentioned at previous page. It is a Russian magazine (not a book) called Gangut and its issue No 22 contains an article about the "small light cruiser". The article is republished here:

https://alternathistory.com/avanproekt-malogo-legkogo-kreisera/

Here's some info on Project 84. Source is the Russian book "The Fleet that Khrushchev destroyed"
Who is the author of this book. Is the book translated in English or still only in Russian available?

In Russian: Флот, который уничтожил Хрущев, the author is Александр Широкорад (Alexander Shirokorad).

Also, there is another source mentioned at previous page. It is a Russian magazine (not a book) called Gangut and its issue No 22 contains an article about the "small light cruiser". The article is republished here:

https://alternathistory.com/avanproekt-malogo-legkogo-kreisera/
Thx, for the quick response!