Russian Orlan 10 innards question

lucinator

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Came across this business insider article on the Orlan 10's rather unusual choices for parts. On one hand seeing how Russia is doing in the
Ukraine I'm inclined to believe it however the skeptic in me thinks this article might be bunk. If anyone has further insight into the authenticity of the video mentioned in the article it would be most helpful

Came across this business insider article on the Orlan 10's rather unusual choices for parts. On one hand seeing how Russia is doing in the
Ukraine I'm inclined to believe it however the skeptic in me thinks this article might be bunk. If anyone has further insight into the authenticity of the video mentioned in the article it would be most helpful
Report describing the components of the Russian Orlan-10 UAV (Bort No. 10332) which crashed in the Azov Sea on November 6, 2016 off the coastal village of Melekine, Donetsk oblast:

"Multirole unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) Orlan-10 is actively used by the Russian Army in combat operations against Ukraine in the Donbas. According to the open sources, the system was developed by the Russian company Special Technology Center based in St Petersburg. The system makes part of the Russian unified tactical management system developed within the concept of network-centric warfare. However, it turned out that the Russians manufactured only the hull of the drone and the navigation receiver MNP-M7. However, even the receiver is based on the ADSP-BF534 chip produced by the American company Analog Devices. Other components, i.e. GPS tracker, starter generator, engine, ignition module, flight controller, telemetry transmission module and GPS module were produced in the USA, Germany, Japan, China and other countries. These components are dual-use goods, which Russia purchases to apply for military purposes..."

https://informnapalm.org/en/russian...n-the-usa-and-other-countries-photo-evidence/