Register HERE for access to Camm's Last Fighter Projects Extras Forum

You are added.

The forum section should now be visible on the main index or click here:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,55.0.html

If you like Chris's books, I would try a few searches, you may find more stuff of interest!

23947895946_0848d2d755_z.jpg

Front and centre - your book! - a fascinating tome - didn't realise the design had got that advanced before it was canned

A bigger missed opportuntity than the TSR-2, I think

My copy.

Congratulations, the book is awesome!!!

Antonio

Attachments

• pometablava.JPG
    pometablava.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 22
I see Paul has granted me access already, but here's the photo anyway :)

Thanks also to Chris Gibson for the speedy shipping!

Attachments

• BILD2737.JPG
    BILD2737.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 377
Hello Chris got the book this morning very fast operation you run looks a very nice publication.

Garry from deepest Cornwall

Attachments

• DSCF2966.JPG
    DSCF2966.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 303
Paul -

Here you go. I just received my copy last week via the Aviation Bookshop. I'm just starting it, but so far it's an excellent read and very informative. Halifax hasn't offered me his opinion, yet.

Thank you. Sincerely,

Terence Burns

tcburns[zero]7[at]comcast[dot]net

Attachments

• Halifax & Camm's Last Ftr 1-2016.jpg
    Halifax & Camm's Last Ftr 1-2016.jpg
    973.8 KB · Views: 239
I've managed at last to get my copy ordered, and it has duly--and quickly--made its way across the Atlantic. And here's the proof.

Attachments

• CammFighters.jpg
    CammFighters.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 232
Thanks, everyone!

I have much more to post, but haven't had time to finalize the drawings. Will try to get onto it soon.

I've misplaced my copy somewhere...

Attachments

• DSC_0018 e.JPG
    DSC_0018 e.JPG
    720.8 KB · Views: 56
What a great book...Got mine about 2 weeks ago and am on my second read-through....Now I've gone and ordered the AEW and P.1216 books.....This is great stuff.I find myself tempted to build a 1/32 or 1/24 desk model ...I first saw the P.1121 in an clip from Interavia many years ago..i used to snitch my Dad's copies and put clippings in my files for future model making use.

Here's hoping you have many more books in planning, this is my favorite kind of reading.

Many thanks,

Paul Fisher

Glad you enjoyed it!

I have plans for a few different subjects next, but the first one is stalled due to my location in New Zealand. I really need someone to visit a few British archive locations :)

Ah, yes..being stuck here in a forgotten corner of California creates much the same problem for me in my research.I know it sounds odd that a Yank would be nutty about British prototypes and paper planes , but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I have a lot of happy model building customers in the UK who are always asking if they can be of help, so do let me know and maybe I can connect you with willing accomplices!

Best,
Paul

madgepetto said:
Ah, yes..being stuck here in a forgotten corner of California creates much the same problem for me in my research.I know it sounds odd that a Yank would be nutty about British prototypes and paper planes , but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I have a lot of happy model building customers in the UK who are always asking if they can be of help, so do let me know and maybe I can connect you with willing accomplices!

Best,
Paul

Hmm... California. Could be useful for the other book I'm researching for.

Decided to have a little splurge this afternoon. If you could add me that would be most appreciated, thanks. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 345
well, the mail to Siberia must be quicker than I thought.

Hope you like them.

Chris

Thanks for writing this Paul, I've just been having another read through after the RAeS 1957 conference last week. The Industry and design team stuff is really interesting to compare with where we are today - some things haven't changed.

Attachments

• 20171030_192847.jpg
    20171030_192847.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 257
Cheers. Would like to get a chance to write another one day. Added you to forum section access group :)

Hi, just re-read my copy and noticed I need to register for more goodies!

Fantastic read, many thanks

Attachments

• 20180915_143428.jpg
    20180915_143428.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 152
Hello Chris,

I have just received a copy from The Aviation Bookshop.
I don't have a photo, so can you send me a quiz question
instead.
regards,
Richard

Post a photo of your copy of the book here, or else post that you don't have a camera and I will challenge you to give me a word from a selected page of the book.

Activation is manual, so please be patient :)
Hi Thanks for the book it is superb, the P1121 and the TSR2 are my two favourite aircraft. Have attached photo of my book, could I have access to the extras please,
thanks in anticipation!

Post a photo of your copy of the book here, or else post that you don't have a camera and I will challenge you to give me a word from a selected page of the book.

Activation is manual, so please be patient :)
Hi Thanks for the book it is superb, the P1121 and the TSR2 are my two favourite aircraft. Have attached photo of my book, could I have access to the extras please,
thanks in anticipation!
View attachment 614642
Access granted, hope you enjoy the extras.