Ranking of websites ?

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Very often project, types and general information posted in this forum is drawn from other
websites, one of the latest examples may be this one http://alternathistory.org.ua/ .
Browsing through, it has a lot of interesting photos and drawings, many of them known as authentic,
others unknown, but looking authentic and several quite probably based on fakes or misinterpretations,
or even already known as that. But remember, that not necessarily rules out a site as worthwhile source,
as we, too, have such posts here, just look at the "Fake aircraft" thread in the "Theoretical and Speculative
Section". We already had cases, were "projects" were accidentally drawn from sites sites, which are dealing
purely with "alternate history", though on a first glance not recognisable as that.
And as in the mentioned example, it's often difficult to decide for those not mastering the used language.
So, what about a ranking system for the reliability and authenticity of sites mentioned in this section ?
Maybe awarding "golden aircraft" for a site, 5 meaning "beyond any doubt" and just one for "take it with a
pinch of salt", or perhaps a "redaircraft" for those sites, that shouldn't be used as reference at all ?
Of course, there will be different opinions in many cases, but it could be at least a clue for using other sites,
depending, of course, on the help of forum members, who are able to read those sites without the danger of
being led astray. An online translator isn't always the best solution for those problems !

Attachments

• golden_AC.gif
    golden_AC.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 74
  • red_AC.gif
    red_AC.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 72
That's a nice idea Jens a I like very much that icons.
I always think in secretproject as a reference forum and I think that many of us share this feeling.

pometablava said:
That's a nice idea Jens a I like very much that icons.
I always think in secretproject as a reference forum and I think that many of us share this feeling.

No question how many golden aircraft this site deserves ! ;D

Attachments

• Graphic3.gif
    Graphic3.gif
    16 KB · Views: 63