Question For Authors

AL

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of the authors who had their books cancelled by Specialty Press are having any luck finding another publisher?

AL said:
I was just wondering if any of the authors who had their books cancelled by Specialty Press are having any luck finding another publisher?

From Dave Arnold to the authors in question:

I’m very happy to announce the conclusion of an agreement between Specialty Press and Crecy Publishing Ltd, Manchester, England, which will provide for both the publication of your work by Crecy and distribution of your work in the US by Specialty Press. As some of you may be aware, Specialty Press has been working with Crecy over recent years, with both parties distributing each others aviation titles in their respective countries as well as exchanging publishing ideas, author contracts, etc. This agreement satisfies both companies needs and, importantly, provides for Specialty Press' continued involvement in aviation in the US.

Tommy, has Crecy scheduled a release date for your book Scooter?

Tommy, I hope that the printer will be the same that the one of Specialty Press. The printing of black and white photos in Specialty Press books was fabulous (the B&W photos are so dull and not as sharp in other publishers books....).

Well, that's good news for a change. I thought from the outset that Crecy might wind up being the "knight in shining armor". Good show.

I presume that Mike Machat's book on the XF-11 and XF-12 is still going to be released directly by Specialty as previously announced?

Back
Top Bottom