Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
In the latest FlugRevue is an article about the Dassault Atlantic, mentioning
besides the realised Br.1150 Atlantic and Atlantique 2, the proposed version
Atlantic Mk II (improved), Atlantic Mk.IIB (Mk.II with additional RR/Snecma
M45H jet engines), Atlantic III (tendered as Nimrod successor), JetAtlantique
(with additional jet engines under the outer wings and Allison T406 engines)
and Europatrol.
Anybody, who has graphical evidence of these versions ?

The Breguet 1190 was a strategic bomber Atlantic! That's not a joke, of course the plane was not intented to overfly it's target, it had a long range missile...(I think I already posted the pics -from Jean Cuny les avions de combats francais 1945-1960-)

"..from Jean Cuny les avions de combats francais 1945-1960-)..."

Or from Les Avions Breguet 1944-1970. ;)

There were two versions, Br-1190 and 1191. They differed by the weapons they were intended to carry: a ballistic missile fot the -90 (Matra 600) and an aerodynamic one for the -91 (Sud Aviation). The -91 had a longer nose to make space for the longer weapon... By the way, any info regarding the Matra 600 and the Sud-Aviation ramjet (?) would be very much appreciated.. ;)

'The World's Fighting Planes' by William Green 1964 Ed. makes brief mention of some proposed variants; the Mk.1A with increased overload weight and the Mk.2 "covering a series of studies for a more advanced versions, including one equipped with under-wing auxiliary jet pods to increase dash speed and transit range."

From "ZonzAir"
Detail for Atlantic III........In french

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    877.1 KB · Views: 317
I highly doubt it. I would expect the Germans would want to go with the new P-8 as a better solution anyway.

I highly doubt it. I would expect the Germans would want to go with the new P-8 as a better solution anyway.
They already have, the US has allowed the production of P-8 airframes for Germany to commence.

Currently well bogged down in the domestic German political mire at the moment though.

4 Atlantiques are more than enough for what Germany intends to use them for.

Back
Top Bottom