"Photographing Stuff"

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
In preparation for making MagCloud-based printed versions of APR available, I ran a test and self-published a 30-page little book of photos (landscapes, aerospace, critters and skies). Might be something in it of interest to some of y'all.

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/Issue/144139

cover3.jpg

The content looks good!

If you're going to publish something more in pursuit of money, I assume you're going to spend more time on the cover? Especially the typography...

mz said:
If you're going to publish something more in pursuit of money,

Ain't no money in *this* (I'll be surprised if I make ten bucks, and shocked beyond the capacity for rational thought if it makes a hundred). It's just a test of the system.

I assume you're going to spend more time on the cover? Especially the typography...

Bah. Graphic design ain't my schtick.

I think the font with your name looks too compressed horizontally, and the other font looks too compressed vertically. The design looks pretty slick though, I've got no complaints on the overall look of the cover.

Is this as easy to use as their website makes it sound? This'd be a convenient way to distribute my Falcon missile history, which is ALMOST F'ING FINISHED!

SOC said:
Is this as easy to use as their website makes it sound?

*So* *far* it's working as promised. I had some issues in preparing the actual PDF file, but those were due to my system, not theirs. Of course, it'll be some days yet before the issue heading my way and the other two that have been sold (let's see, where does that fit on the New York Time bet-sellers list... hmmm...) get to their destinations. At that point I'll either say "this is as advertised" or "this is crap" or "oops, I seem to have screwed up such-and-such, and need to modify the PDF file."