Peruvian / US NASA V/STOL Project

A design from Peru?? Perhaps. But I've never seen cities full of skyscrapers or heliports in Peru... especially not in 1963...

Random, unverified posting again.

The solution of the riddle can be found in Aero, June 1965, with the same drawing:
It's a project, or better: concept developed by the Technical University in Lima /Peru
in conjunction with the Peruvian airforce and the NASA. Leader of the design team was
professor Alberto Alvarez Calderon. Aim of the development was a twin engined V/STOL
transport with the prop slipstream deflected by the large flaps, which additionally should be
fitted with rotating cylinders as leading edges (rotating witgh 4000 revs/min), so helping
to continue the boundary layer.
I've changed the title, as crediting Mr. Calderon and Peru alone with this development seems
a bit far fetched, but it seems, that he was the inventor of that principle, that soundede interesting
enough for NASA to participate.

Great news,thank you my dear Jemiba.

NASA tested the rotating cylinder concept at Ames on an YOV-10A.

Jemiba said:
The solution of the riddle can be found in Aero, June 1965, with the same drawing:
It's a project, or better: concept developed by the Technical University in Lima /Peru
in conjunction with the Peruvian airforce and the NASA. Leader of the design team was
professor Alberto Alvarez Calderon. Aim of the development was a twin engined V/STOL
transport with the prop slipstream deflected by the large flaps, which additionally should be
fitted with rotating cylinders as leading edges (rotating witgh 4000 revs/min), so helping
to continue the boundary layer.
I've changed the title, as crediting Mr. Calderon and Peru alone with this development seems
a bit far fetched, but it seems, that he was the inventor of that principle, that soundede interesting
enough for NASA to participate.

Mr. Alberto Alvarez Calderon also had a patent for VTOL aircraft.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 231
From US patent.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.png
    2.png
    373.4 KB · Views: 58