Overscan, good sir, one question

Avimimus

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Is this forum backed up? We should bury copies of it around the world for future generations... ;D

Yup, don't worry.

I do not want to sound like a paranoid schizophrenic but does this forum have connections to other forums like f-16.net and key aero? Example I decided to screw around at f-16.net to get banned, use the same email address that I was banned with and I have never gotten a confirmation to start an account there. But when I created a webmail account(that was not registered with f-16.net) to create a user account over there I got accepted, which made me assume that who f-16.net bans gets blacklisted at key aero, that was in the past.

Also I realized that my own photonic integrated circuit thread got deleted at key aero, while my other threads had stayed up. There was a user that blocked me called mig-31bm but I do not feel like providing screenshots of the user going on a posting rampage after I made that deleted thread to embarrass them here. I usually hover my mouse key to see your username seeing my FICs thread here and usually see the other username who admitted to having that old account see that thread here as well. Have you been an administrator at other forums besides this one by any chance?

Nope, but I am a member of both forums. There are no connections at all between them.

Some forums will reject some types of disposable email addresses. There are blacklists of email addresses of known bad spammers like stopforumspam.com, if you got on that you'd find it hard to register at any forum, not just aviation ones.

If you find yourself banned in several places, sadly, the common denominator is probably your behaviour on the forums.

I do not want to sound like a paranoid schizophrenic but does this forum have connections to other forums like f-16.net and key aero? Example I decided to screw around at f-16.net to get banned, use the same email address that I was banned with and I have never gotten a confirmation to start an account there. But when I created a webmail account(that was not registered with f-16.net) to create a user account over there I got accepted, which made me assume that who f-16.net bans gets blacklisted at key aero, that was in the past.

Also I realized that my own photonic integrated circuit thread got deleted at key aero, while my other threads had stayed up. There was a user that blocked me called mig-31bm but I do not feel like providing screenshots of the user going on a posting rampage after I made that deleted thread to embarrass them here. I usually hover my mouse key to see your username seeing my FICs thread here and usually see the other username who admitted to having that old account see that thread here as well. Have you been an administrator at other forums besides this one by any chance?
Just for general clarification and my own edification, my dear panzerfeist1 (as an aside, I am really not sure as to what that pseudonym username is exactly intended to refer to - as a native German speaker the closest match in my guess would be the German World War 2 term "Panzerfaust", see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust, - did you deliberately and intentionally decide to mess with the correct spelling, and if so, why, or is it just another example of generally bad and sloppy millennial orthography?). I also really have to wonder if you decided to deliberately screw around at f-16.net to get banned? And if so, why-soever? And do you plan to exhibit the same behavior on this site? Inquiring minds want to know...

Cheers and best wishes,

Martin

Last edited:
Just for general clarification and my own edification, my dear panzerfeist1 (as an aside, I am really not sure as to what that pseudonym username is exactly intended to refer to - as a native German speaker the closest match in my guess would be the German World War 2 term "Panzerfaust", see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust, - did you deliberately and intentionally decide to mess with the correct spelling, and if so, why, or is it just another example of generally bad and sloppy millennial orthography?).

random guess give random user names. Its like I asking the admin why his username is overscan instead of Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overscan is the name my friend and I performed under as VJs (video jockeys) back from the mid 90s.
It is a technical term for how CRT TVs would scan past the physical limits of the visible screen to ensure no visible borders. We used Amiga computers which supported overscan while others using early PCs or other computers usually ended up with big black borders on their output.