P.S. I wonder, would they have more sucsess if they tried to pitch the RC-series missiles to Yugoslavia? Yougoslavia at this time period was quite concerned about its nonalignment status, and thus have little ability to obtain advanced weapons from both East and West. They might actually get interested in SAM's coming from non-affiliated source...
Btw Yugoslavia worked on their own SAM project that was based upon technology acquired from Japan (!). Perhaps this is an explanation that they were not interested in Swiss systems. Eventually, of course, Yugoslavia did buy S-75 and (later on) S-125 from the USSR.

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/yugoslav-vulkan-sam.28923/

Piotr

Btw Yugoslavia worked on their own SAM project that was based upon technology acquired from Japan (!). Perhaps this is an explanation that they were not interested in Swiss systems. Eventually, of course, Yugoslavia did buy S-75 and (later on) S-125 from the USSR.
I heard about Vulkan SAM project, but did not knew that they get the tech from Japan. Interesting!

I heard about Vulkan SAM project, but did not knew that they get the tech from Japan. Interesting!
A bit OOT here, but you can look up Japan's Kappa Rocket program headed by Hideo Itokawa. Specifically, it was Kappa 6 rockets that were exported to Yugoslavia and examined.

I would add to the MX 1868 info on this system that the reason it got cancelled was the USAF and US Army were in a turf war over air defense in the early 50's and that got resolved with the US Army being responsible of air defense except for "strategic" systems (defined as those with a range greater than 200 miles) which went to the USAF.
The result was the Army stuck with the Nike series and HAWK for short-range tactical air defense which were their in-house developments and USAF projects like GAPA and MX 1868 got nixed, the USAF was left with developing BOMARC into a long-range interceptor missile.