Odd aircraft today.

Foo Fighter

Cum adolescunt hominem verum esse volo.
Reaction score
G'day, Something I saw today while feeding the birds. First thing I noticed was an odd engine noise which was reminiscent of an old radial engine but with a weird offset reverb. The silhouette overhead was basically an F-86 which was weird, there was no gas turbine sound, just that weird rotary like thing.

No pictures, last thing I expect to do is take pictures when I'm feeding the professional flyers.

G'day, Something I saw today while feeding the birds. First thing I noticed was an odd engine noise which was reminiscent of an old radial engine but with a weird offset reverb. The silhouette overhead was basically an F-86 which was weird, there was no gas turbine sound, just that weird rotary like thing.

No pictures, last thing I expect to do is take pictures when I'm feeding the professional flyers.
Where and when? Mark

Cheltenham, UK about 10 AM heading west approximately 1000' maybe a bit less. Very pale colour, white or very light blue.

There's all sorts of old and new aircraft around, with radial engines. Looking like F-86 is a bit odd, unless that is an optical illusion.

That's what got me, I hear that sort of engine sound and I expect to see an old light plane. There was a fair bit of cloud so it's possible it was an electric powered something or other with a light aircraft hidden by the cloud but I'm stretching this a bit.

I have heard the engine sounds again, a few times actually. An A400. I wonder if the odd sounds come from the gearbox or a new prop design.