They don't even roll it these days, just dry ice, lazer show and a silk tablecloth over it.

Just call it a Corporate Promotional Wellbeing Event (aka "a knees up") and be done with it. Everyone there only turns up for the wine and nibbles anyway...

Australia is definitely high if they think they're getting B-21s. Not to mention the cost to operate them.

Actually I could see it happening as part of a deal to set up B-21 infrastructure at a number of RAAF bases. The advantages of having multiple airbases capable of hosting B-21s on a full time basis inside Australia would be huge. They would likely be within the unrefueled combat radius of China while at the same time outside the range of almost anything that didn't qualify as an ICBM. H-6K with cruise missiles would be at the ragged edge of their range even assuming a direct high altitude flight path. Those bases are also largely in open areas where it would be easy to add additional facilities, shelters, etc. (well not RAAF Darwin). It would be an easy way to create a lot of strategic depth with minimal investment.

There are consequences for having a strategic bomber in your arsenal, that's a balance of power shift. Especially with something like the B-21.

Ok..... F22 too advanced to risk selling. B21 Aok. Perfect logic.
Rather different time frames and strategic situations. No one would have thought Virginia SSNs would be on the table a year ago. Anyway, I didn’t say it was likely, but I think it is a possibility if Australia was willing to host USAF bombers on rotation.

There are consequences for having a strategic bomber in your arsenal, that's a balance of power shift. Especially with something like the B-21.
The PRC would definitely build a capability around trying to reach those bases, no doubt. But it would cost them. Whether that is in Australia’s interests or not is up to Australia.

The PRC would definitely build a capability around trying to reach those bases, no doubt. But it would cost them. Whether that is in Australia’s interests or not is up to Australia.

It will be interesting to see if the USAF lets the RAAF even buy the B-21 due to technology transfer issues, I would think that they would stop the purchase.

With the subs and required logistics, how on earth could the Ockers finance B-21's?

I honestly think the sub deal ultimately won’t follow through. Though presumably some pricy replacement will still be necessary.

Well that sounds pretty impressive. Perhaps the USAF has turned a corner.
Uhm, wut?

"The National Nuclear Security Administration had set a goal of producing 30 pits per year by 2026 and 80 by 2030. But, “I think NNSA will readily admit they’re not going to make that requirement,” Wolfe said."

Uhm, wut?

"The National Nuclear Security Administration had set a goal of producing 30 pits per year by 2026 and 80 by 2030. But, “I think NNSA will readily admit they’re not going to make that requirement,” Wolfe said."
Not to repeat but at a time of more than a half dozen warhead programs the nuke enterprise built 3000 W76s in five years

Uhm, wut?

I think that gripe would be more DoE than USAF.

To be more accurate the quote is “There are now six of those in existence." The last was started recently.
Are you implying that one or more has completed production? That would certainly seem logical in that one of the previous five has completed production and will be rolled out later this year. If not then the headline is true in that there are six B-21's currently in production (at one stage or another) however the AF defines "production". This is +1 from AFA which would seem quite reasonable given A) the time that has elapsed, and B) The soon to be rolled out article #1.

Uhm, wut?

I think that gripe would be more DoE than USAF.
Just pointing out that while one facet of deterrence may be looking up we have a LONG way to go.

To be more accurate the quote is “There are now six of those in existence." The last was started recently.
Are you implying that one or more has completed production? That would certainly seem logical in that one of the previous five has completed production and will be rolled out later this year. If not then the headline is true in that there are six B-21's currently in production (at one stage or another) however the AF defines "production". This is +1 from AFA which would seem quite reasonable given A) the time that has elapsed, and B) The soon to be rolled out article #1.

No worries. I'm just pointing out that "in existence" and "in production" are different phrases. They may have the same meaning in this case. They may not.

But, you're probably correct.

It's a good point. Six in "existence" could mean five in production, and one completed and ready for rollout. :D

It's a good point. Six in "existence" could mean five in production, and one completed and ready for rollout. :D
And, with all the advanced modeling, perhaps a compressed flight test schedule.
That's allegedly because of the Raider using some off the shelf technology from other black programs.... I wonder if when Raider is unveiled we can see these other black programs. I'd settle for some grainy poor pics ala f117 1988. Either way the stealth bomber fleet its growing 25% very soon

I would not hold my breath as to if there are going to be any other Black Program reveals post B-21 rollout, rooster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d of thought the RQ-180 especially the way it keeps putting in aerial appearances.

I don't think that it could be the RQ-180 as we already know that it is out there and flying, I would think that to be a proper Black Program reveal it should be something like the plane that crashed in 1994 at Boscombe Down, I would love it to be finally revealed as it would answer many questions that I have.

I understood the second airframe was the static test article, since structural test points need to be proven ahead of the flying prototype.