Northrop AGM-137 Tri-Service Standoff Attack Missile (TSSAM)

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
I've got the heavily doctored picture of the model. I was thinking (hoping) of the one in AvWeek years ago that showed one flying into a bunker.

BillRo

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
This is a cy of the public press release.

Attachments

• TASSM.jpg
    TASSM.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,164
  • TASSM 3 View.jpg
    TASSM 3 View.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,146

Stargazer2006

Reaction score
I have only one picture of the TSSAM in model form, and also the patch that reportedly was used by people working on the program, depicting the Warner Bros.'s tasmanian devil character (TSSAM/TASManian being a bit far-fetched, but...). Please don't get mixed up on the acronym, folks! (it means Tri-Service Standoff Attack Missile).

Attachments

• AGM-137 TSSAM.jpg
    AGM-137 TSSAM.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 1,114
  • IWouldTell34_small.gif
    IWouldTell34_small.gif
    96 KB · Views: 1,022

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Stargazer2006 said:
I have only one picture of the TSSAM in model form
...thanks to quellish:)

flateric

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.google.com/patents?id=Y5okAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract#v=onepage&q&f=false

Nico

Reaction score
The only picture I remember is tha heavily retouched one, depicting the an 1:1 mock-up, the same appearing on Andreas' site on Military Des

Nico

Attachments

• AGM-137A.jpg
    AGM-137A.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 843

sferrin

Reaction score
Nico said:
The only picture I remember is tha heavily retouched one, depicting the an 1:1 mock-up, the same appearing on Andreas' site on Military Des

Nico

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to as "heavily doctored" in the first post. I'm looking for the one of it flying into a bunker opening. It was in AvWeek back in the day.

BillRo

Reaction score
Found some handouts that were produced for the N-G merge; they included the fact sheet, 3 - View, and the retouched photo but it also has your pix.

Attachments

• TASSM Pic2.jpg
    TASSM Pic2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 243
  • TASSM Pic3.jpg
    TASSM Pic3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 279

flateric

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hoorah, hoorah, hoorah!

quellish

I don’t read The Drive. The Drive reads me.
Reaction score
BillRo said:
Found some handouts that were produced for the N-G merge; they included the fact sheet, 3 - View, and the retouched photo but it also has your pix.

Thanks Bill! I've been looking for these for an eternity!

flateric

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
BillRo said:
Found some handouts that were produced for the N-G merge; they included the fact sheet, 3 - View
I think many will join me in question if you can share these too. Anyway, thanks again!!

elmayerle

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
For a reasonable approximation of what was doctored out, turn a Tacit Blue upside down and compare them. Actually, that model shows the air-launched TSSAM, the ground-launched BGM-137B had its differences.

I should know, I worked on the program from early 1989 to its cancellation. Before it was cancelled, there was an design effort under way for a derivative of the air-launched version for Britain's stand-off requirement.

elmayerle

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Let me add that the derivative I mentioned would have been stretched by a foot and I can still point to exactly where this would occur. I believe Storm Shadow eventually won that competition.

BillRo

Reaction score
Here is another TSSAM public handout I was sent, with a couple more pix. I have also posted the patent in that forum topic.

Attachments

• TSSAM Pix LoRes.jpg
    TSSAM Pix LoRes.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 176

XCIIGT

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
I worked on this project. I have the patch, spec sheet and a drawing of the Tasmanian Devil riding the missile which I drew. It was a unreal day sitting the the board room watching the Live news release. When I locate the items I will post photos of them.

XCIIGT

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
I was searching for the video of the news release of the TSSAM and found this site. Has anyone found a video of the news release yet?

Stargazer2006

Reaction score
XCIIGT said:
I worked on this project. I have the patch, spec sheet and a drawing of the Tasmanian Devil riding the missile which I drew. It was a unreal day sitting the the board room watching the Live news release. When I locate the items I will post photos of them.

Welcome aboard XCIIGT and thanks for the offer. I certainly look forward to seeing all this stuff!