North American Aviation Models made by Floats.

allysonca

ACCESS: Secret
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
11 March 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
1,490
OK everyone, let's put our collective hive minds together and build some data base for this model company. I had previously mentioned the FLOATS Company that made models in 1/40ish scale for North American Aviation. I have seen and held and had F-100, single and two seats, the F-86 D, X and L, the early FJ-1, FJ-2, and FJ-3, Saberliner, Advanced Saberliner, a T-6, T-28 A and B models, and a Rapier Jet Proposal. Not sure what else, but these are the once I can confirm through touchy feelie and lusting first hand visualization. Naturally NAA made a LOT more, but these were bigger, badder, and resin.

Key Features of Floats documented here:
Thermal formed main parts, usually clear
Usually a Clear Canopy
Thermal Plastic Base
Plastic NAA Logo
Metal upright with hole on top, square nut on bottom
Pin mounted to fuselage
Engraved plastic Data Plate
Very Light weight
Wood Crate (Usually)

Have one?

Take pictures and let's post it and try to build the information and form at least some history on this company. As I said I had a box with a Dog 86 once that had the name FLOATS Moldels, but that as much as I know.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3744.jpg
    IMG_3744.jpg
    802.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3748.jpg
    IMG_3748.jpg
    659 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3749.jpg
    IMG_3749.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3750.jpg
    IMG_3750.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3752.jpg
    IMG_3752.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3747.jpg
    IMG_3747.jpg
    890.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3751.jpg
    IMG_3751.jpg
    721.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3743.jpg
    IMG_3743.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 1
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2
  • NAA Rapier2.jpg
    NAA Rapier2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3
  • NAA Rapier1.jpg
    NAA Rapier1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom