• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

North American Aviation in the Jet Age: The California Years, 1945–1997 Hardcover – January 28, 2020 by John Fredrickson (Author)

bercr

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
During the waning days of World War II, a frenzied race was underway in rubble-strewn Europe as US and Soviet forces sought to seize advanced German weapons technology. Over the next quarter century the North American Aviation (NAA) would enhance these spoils of war into fearsome weapons in America’s arsenal. There’s the swept-wing F-86 Sabre jet fighter, which would go on to be the only Allied warplane to outmaneuver a Soviet MiG-15 over Korea. X-15 rocket planes carried humans to the boundaries of space, setting speed and altitude records that still hold today. The stories of these weapons and the engineers who nourished them is a fascinating look into postwar corporate history of the NAA and its impact on the United States’ aviation and space history.

Size: 8 1/2″ x 11″ | 249 color and b/w photos | 224 pp
ISBN13:
9780764358746 | Binding: hard cover

sferrin

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Oh I hope they have all the good stuff in that book.

elmayerle

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
It sounds promising, particularly if they include their missile efforts and the divisions that resulted from them. I think, though, that I shall wait and see what it actually covers before deciding on whether or not to purchase it.