Nikitin- Shevchenko VG Designs

Hello, I have a question about the planes of Shevchenko and Nikitin. Different sources differ in the dates of creation of the IS-1 layout, the date of the first flight, the amounts allocated for development, the type of engine in the IS-4, and so on. Where is the truth? Which source is the most reliable?

Hello, I have a question about the planes of Shevchenko and Nikitin. Different sources differ in the dates of creation of the IS-1 layout, the date of the first flight, the amounts allocated for development, the type of engine in the IS-4, and so on. Where is the truth? Which source is the most reliable?
Maslov's article in the magazine "Wings" No. 1(6) 2011
Only two IS-1 and IS-2 aircraft were built. The IS-4 had two variants with the M-120 engine of the 1939 project and with the M-37 engine of the 1940 project.

Maslov's article in the magazine "Wings" No. 1(6) 2011
Only two IS-1 and IS-2 aircraft were built. The IS-4 had two variants with the M-120 engine of the 1939 project and with the M-37 engine of the 1940 project.
As far as I understand, the article is not in the public domain, and it will only be possible to get acquainted if I can get the magazine itself?

You will have to find this magazine, and I also recommend the magazine Arsenal-Collection No. 1 of 2021, there is an article about the designer Nikitin.

Attachments

• 2011-1_01.jpg
    2011-1_01.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 57
  • arko1 2021 дк_01.jpg
    arko1 2021 дк_01.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 72
hesham said:
Who we can believe ?,

in Kryl'ya Rodine 6/1996,they called this aircraft Nikitin-Shevchenko IS-14,but
my dear Justo displayed it as anther design !.
In mid-1941, the OKB-30 was closed. Latest collaboration tandem V. Shevchenko and V. Nikitin was twin-boom multipurpose aircraft with the designation IS-16. It is known that the work on this aircraft (up to manufacture a full-size model) was conducted prior to the summer of 1941.
Subsequent projects Shevchenko period 1942-1947 were his own initiative without Nikitin. It is unlikely that the jet interceptor project dating back to 1947, had the designation of IS-14.
(via Google translate)
third figure - magazine "MK"
last picture - [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]from book[/font] - Alberto Trevisan "Storia ed Evoluzione dei Caccia Sovietici a Reazione,1945-1955"
What source are the images from the IS-14 and IS-18 taken from?

From Air Pictorial 1966.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1 MB · Views: 30