Hood
I found this image I captured from the Shipbucket site. I think the radar and mack configs would be an improvement on your new nigs county though bridge would have to be on top of the radar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200304-165559-143.png
    Screenshot_20200304-165559-143.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 106
My working was standard 8ft height for a deck, forward 64 launcher depicts the double bottom which ought to be about 3ft.
Aft 64 launcher is a bit odd lacking that double bottom but instead the lower deck seems higher.

However following this 'modern' standard means that the for'd launcher superstructre is actually slightly higher than on the County. Roughly half a foot to a foot.
I took to removing a lot of curvature as this is antithetical to the sort of radar installation.

Anyway to fit and keep some semblance of stability I had to make some hard choices. Doing away with illuminator domes and distinct mountings for them.
The funnels became a nightmare. As clearances for the illuminators and other aerials became challenging.

It is possible to raise the aft launcher, I'll see what I can do.
But it may mean shaving off superfluous metal, though that might free the SeaCat launchers.

To my knowledge the aft deck of the Counties are one and half lower then the Helideck. Also Fuller how many sketches did you seen about the hulls?
I've based mine entirely on the Counties

The only sketches I have looked at are the ones in at this link and the the sketches of a Batch II county class in Friedman's British Destroyers and Frigates. I agree, the quarter deck on the actually built County class is a deck and a bit above the waterline. On the sketches of the NIGS ships it is two full decks above the waterline.

Erm, no I'm talking about the deck height at the base of the Sea Slug launcher and where the helideck was located. Basically at forward that is one deck around the gun turrets though the heavy sheer curvature makes it larger while the height of the Sealsug loader structure aft was around 1,5 deck

Last edited:
OK attempt 2 taking JCF Fuller's point about the aft launcher.

I suspect this is too much metal too high now and the ship needs more beam...which drives up the need for more propulsive power.....

Attachments

• County NIGS 5.png
    County NIGS 5.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 120
OK attempt 2 taking JCF Fuller's point about the aft launcher.

I suspect this is too much metal too high now and the ship needs more beam...which drives up the need for more propulsive power.....
I think this is the closest bet

After some delay, I present to you the thoroughly reworked County conversion.
It doesn't look too bad, it ain't pretty and certainly looks hefty from a topweight point of view, but its not beyond the realms of fantasy either.

Attachments

• County NIGS 2.png
    County NIGS 2.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 85