New Natter book

Amazon's reputation has somewhat gone downhill in recent times, especially in the eyes of smaller sellers and suppliers.

I've ordered my copy - as usual - at the Aviation Bookshop in Royal Tunbridge Wells. I don't need the A-monster.

And yes, a well-researched book can cost a few £ more. In Germany, we had a market strategy "Geiz ist geil” (“stinginess is cool") - so no one wanted to pay a reasonable price for a product. Everyone wanted to make a bargain.
We should remember that writing a book as we wish is a time-consuming and costly task. Conclusion: Our hobby can be expensive, but i t 's o u r h o b b y ;)! If it costs too much we should better collect bottle caps or beer mats.

Last edited:
Important Message from the Author/Publisher

Firstly I would like to thank all those who have already purchased a copy of my book ‘Natter. Manned Missile of the Third Reich’. I hope it has lived up to your expectations.
Due to the unexpected and overwhelming demand for the book the sole distributor Bookworld Wholesalers have advised that the first printing has almost sold out.
As readers who have seen the book will appreciate, this has been an expensive book to self-publish.
However I would seriously consider a further reprint if the number of further orders justified it.
So if you would like a copy please submit your order to Bookworld Wholesalers”.

Dr Brett Gooden

If not digital, then what is your solution for everyone who didn't get in on the 250?

Amazon sells thousands of digital books every minute and it works for them and the readers. Amazon and the book's author get paid and the buyer immediately gets his book. There is never a scarcity of supply of digital books. There is no waiting for another print run that may never happen.

Since you dislike "scarcity", what is your better word for the absence of supply of a desired book?

In this case, the author self-published and printed what he thought he could sell. Sometimes dedicated researchers will only risk so much.

Important Message from the Author/Publisher
Firstly I would like to thank all those who have already purchased a copy of my book ‘Natter. Manned Missile of the Third Reich’. I hope it has lived up to your expectations.
Due to the unexpected and overwhelming demand for the book the sole distributor Bookworld Wholesalers have advised that the first printing has almost sold out.
As readers who have seen the book will appreciate, this has been an expensive book to self-publish.
However I would seriously consider a further reprint if the number of further orders justified it.
So if you would like a copy please submit your order to Bookworld Wholesalers”.
Dr Brett Gooden

Dated 3 July

For those who have purchased copies, does the author address how many manned launches there actually were, and when these happened? If you can talk to this, please do.

I would like to know if there were any successful attacks using this missile.

There were manned glider flights. As far as I know, the only powered manned flight of the Ba 349 ended in a crash which killed the pilot, Lothar Sieber. The Natter would have needed a pilot to aim the nose-mounted missiles/proposed cannon. Without a pilot, launching the aircraft on an intercept mission was pointless.

Last edited:
Arjen, so the new Natter book doesn't amplify any further about manned launch tests beyond the first one. Is that a correct interpretation?

I don't know about the new book, I don't have a copy. My answer was to Ed West's question
I would like to know if there were any successful attacks using this missile.

The author has posted on his Facebook page that a limited reprint of this book will available in the next month or two. One seller is
Christian Schmidt Fachbuchhandlung

The author has posted on his Facebook page that a limited reprint of this book will available in the next month or two. One seller is
Christian Schmidt Fachbuchhandlung
I pilgrimaged to that specialty bookstore a few times while living near Munich quite a while ago - what an absolutely gorgeous place...

Martin

Last edited:
I love those days...!:D I got my Natter-Book copy signed by the author. It´s a very good and detailed book. I second Dan´s review about it.
Maybe I can post a short review about the IL-14P book (by Holger Lorenz) later.
Sven

Attachments

• 20190805_171248.jpg
    20190805_171248.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29