• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

NASA Advanced Transport Technology (ATT) or Mach 1 Airliner program

Sundog

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
By comparison, the Cessna Citation X is also area ruled, which helps to make it the fastest biz jet around. Though I have heard the new Gulfstream may be faster.

codeone

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
ATT drawing from Convair found in our latest batch of archive drawings (attached). Higher res just posted in our Aviation Archeology gallery.

http://www.codeonemagazine.com/article.html?item_id=114

Attachments

Stargazer2006

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. The GD/Convair stuff you have salvaged from oblivion/destruction is beautiful... and to know that this may only be the tip of the iceberg yet is quite a promising perspective! Thanks again codeone for all the efforts.

hesham

Reaction score
from L + K 9/1973,

I found a strange drawing to NASA ATT concept (far right).

Attachments

Stargazer2006

Staff member
Reaction score
hesham said:
I found a strange drawing to NASA ATT concept (far right).
Unless I'm mistaken, a Mach 1.2 design would no longer quite fit the ATT specifications, right? I believe this design is not ATT-related, and that the diagram only shows how the near-Mach 1 ATT would fit between a conventional airliner and a supersonic one.

hesham

Reaction score
Stargazer said:
Unless I'm mistaken, a Mach 1.2 design would no longer quite fit the ATT specifications, right? I believe this design is not ATT-related, and that the diagram only shows how the near-Mach 1 ATT would fit between a conventional airliner and a supersonic one.

My dear Stargazer,

but the same wing,and may term Mach 1 Airliner meant also the 1.2 M,only my speculation.

tab28682

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
I recently came into possession of the model of the Convair Aerospace ATT tri-jet shown in the vintage pictures in the second post of this thread. This model was built in the GD model shop in Fort Worth circa 1970-71, by one of the two men that hired me to work there in 1986. The model was given to me by the estate of a good friend who was a well known test pilot at GD.

Not in bad shape. Just a little light crazing in the paint. The "mod" style of the ATT logo is .......interesting.

Attachments

_Del_

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
The area ruling really stands out with the model. Thanks for the pics!

galgot

Reaction score
Website
galgot.com
Is this related ?
989-71-124.jpg

Seems to be an area ruled fuselage, but never seen that high wing configuration before.
Image from here :

Orionblamblam

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com

I've seen that one before. My *vague* memory on it says that the caption on it at the time said it was a design for an nuclear-powered airliner. memory could be wrong, caption could have been wrong. But it is durned goofy lookin'.

galgot

Reaction score
Website
galgot.com
Thks, never had seen that one before. Indeed looks like a python who swallowed two elephants...
See on the same link there is a hypersonic in CPAir livery too.